Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
We are looking for a payroll ninja to support the payroll function for all Xero employees in the US. You’ll be a part of the Denver based Finance Team who undertake the finance function for all of Xero’s worldwide operations. The Payroll Team, within the wider Finance Team, is a global shared service and has two Denver-based staff responsible for payroll for the Americas.
This role requires you to effectively multi-task, prioritize work, demonstrate accountability, and meet established deadlines. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are a must, together with an excellent written and verbal communication style.
A deep knowledge of ADP's Workforce Now product and a solid understanding of multi-state tax filing requirements and payroll regulations are highly desired. Experience with Workday is a plus.
With a proactive and high energy approach to achieving continuous improvement you will provide local support for payroll compliance matters and resolving staff payroll queries.
What you'll do
- Process biweekly payroll for 350+ exempt and nonexempt employees through ADP Workforce Now
- Administer and reconcile hourly and salaried employee pay, bonuses and commissions
- Process and reconcile 401k, FSA, and other applicable payroll deductions
- Partner with our People Experience team to ensure accuracy and integrity of payroll inputs
- Monitor and respond to emails sent to the pay team and managed in Zendesk
- Enforce payroll policies and procedures to ensure proper internal controls and efficient processes
- Participate in projects as needed, including but not limited to 401k census, 401k audit, benefits open enrollment
Success looks like
- Appropriate reporting provided to Global HQ
- Contribution to the management of the US compliance obligations for Xero
- Ability to provide timely and accurate financial advice
- Successful relationships at all levels across the business
- Ability and desire to assist in broader areas as required
- Regularly demonstrating Xero’s core values
What you'll bring with you: Critical Competencies
- Strong analytical capability
- Excellent planning and administrative skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong effective interpersonal, negotiation, and relationship building skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
What you'll bring with you: Experience
- 3-5 years of payroll experience
- Passionate about delivering world-class level work, every day
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now is an advantage
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.