Payroll Specialist at Angi
At HomeAdvisor, we create digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is re-imagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is looking for a Payroll Specialist who will play a critical role within our growing team. This is a hands-on position responsible for all payroll and related responsibilities working closely with employees across the organization as well as specifically interfacing with the accounting, finance, and HR functions.
What you’ll do:
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while meeting goals and deadlines, with a strong customer service orientation and good attention to detail.
- Preparation and processing of Bi-weekly, Weekly and Semi-monthly Multi-state payrolls for approximately 4000+ employees
- Effectively prioritize to ensure compliance and accurate record keeping and ensure payroll is processed in compliance with multi-state wage and hour laws
- Process miscellaneous off-cycle checks including final paychecks, severance, etc.
- Ability to resolve internal/external employee inquiries in adherence to department SLA’s
- Review time sheet submissions – evaluate if errors present
- Process overtime and FLSA pay
- Support internal and external payroll audit requests
- Assist Manager and Supervisor with special projects as required
- Process cash and non-cash incentive awards
- Assist in Payroll monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process
- Demonstrate excellent customer service when communicating with employees
- Processing records of employment (ROE’s) for Canadian employees
- Garnishment, child supports, wage orders and levies for multiple states
Who you are:
- 2+ years full-cycle payroll experience, with strong experience using a payroll processing software (Ultimate Software/UltiPro is a plus)
- Understanding of payroll-related deductions (Commuter Benefits, FSA,401k contributions, etc)
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of FLSA rules
- Team oriented and able to work with employees at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!