Payroll Specialist at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Payroll Specialist to join our tight-knit Accounting team. You’ll be responsible for full-cycle payroll activities for 450 (and growing!) employees in multi-states. We’re looking for someone who is dedicated to making sure these critical processes are effectively, accurately and efficiently completed to support our scaling business and our teams.
As a Payroll Specialist, you will:
- Process bi-weekly payrolls with Manager of Accounting
- Validate/Coordinate all necessary inputs and data for timely and accurate payrolls
- Partner with our People Ops and Workplace Ops teams on reconciliation for our benefit and commuter carriers
- Track employee’s education and student loan benefits to record additional earnings and taxes per policies and compliance
- Maintain and process employee referral bonuses
- Prepare reports out of ADP that will be utilized by users across the company
- Partner with Guild employees and managers to ensure that non-exempt time-sheets are collected in advance of processing deadlines and train all non-exempt new hires on time card procedures
- Prepare all payroll-related journal entries and maintain the GL interface in ADP
- Complete monthly reconciliation of payroll liability accounts including paid time off
- Help validate tax filings and year-end W-2s
- Become an expert in our payroll system ensuring accurate record keeping, data and security
- Resolve and respond to payroll-related questions
- Say “yes!” to a variety of related team tasks and “in the weeds” projects with a positive attitude
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Obsessive attention to detail and organizational skills
- An auditors mindset for all supporting documentation within cloud-based (Google) environment
- Thorough knowledge of payroll lifecycles, best practices and local, state and federal payroll laws and regulations
- 2+ years of experience in a payroll role
- Expertise with payroll processing software/HRIS (ADP Workforce Now preferred) and Excel
- The ability to keep business information confidential and respect sensitive information of others
- Strong people skills and are able to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- The capacity to effectively prioritize, meet and establish deadlines
- Experience and interest in working in a fast-paced, changing and collaborative environment
- The know-how to establish and follow business policies and controls
- Education, certification etc. that support your skills to contribute to the Guild team and community as described
In addition to working with the accounting team (Charity Long, Abby Reinholt and Daniel Guzman), in this role you will collaborate with other Guild team members including Maureen Dady, Fae Dagonese and Zach Brown on the People Ops team.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.