Payroll Manager at HomeAdvisor
ANGI Homeservices is looking for a Payroll Manager who will lead the function within our growing team. You will be accountable for all aspects of the payroll process from time tracking to processing to reporting. The ideal candidate can work independently and collaboratively with a team to run all things payroll at a fast-growing, dynamic company.
What you'll do:
- Manages and develops the payroll team, appropriately delegating responsibilities.
- Manages the day to day payroll operations for all areas covered by the team, coordinating with the vendors and the internal team to deliver pay accurately, timely, effectively, within all regulatory, labor and tax guidelines.
- Responsible for overseeing processing of multiple FEINs and pay frequencies (i.e. weekly, biweekly, semi-monthly and monthly commissions, and off cycles).
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits, and tax processes and procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Partner with various groups within the business (e.g. HR, IT and Accounting) to provide strategic direction on business needs and issues related to payroll.
- Provide prompt, professional, and efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions, paid leave balances and other payroll-related questions.
- Define service level agreements, establish key performance indicators, build metrics reporting capabilities and monitor adherence to these standards.
- Ensures the processing of new hires, promotions, and terminations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assures payroll information is accurate through review and audit and completion of payroll checklists.
- Leads special projects, as needed, and stay abreast of industry trends.
- Partners with HR/Payroll system vendor to ensure correct tracking and reporting of local, state and federal requirements.
- Owns registration process for new state tax compliance.
- Work closely with third-party payroll providers to ensure that all monthly, quarterly and annual payroll tax filings are met. Ensure all local statutory payroll and fringe benefit reporting requirements are met.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and international tax and wage & hour laws, regulations or guidelines, including payroll tax registrations. This includes assisting with payroll related audits (e.g. 401(k), worker's compensation, ESD) and year end filings (e.g. P11Ds, ERS, ESS) and supporting external financial statement audits, as needed.
- Oversee proper administration of wage, garnishments, levies, and child supports orders
- Oversee calculation of short-term disability benefits per company policy.
- Assist with any internal and external audits and examinations, including internal audit, SOX, tax audits, etc.
Who you are:
- Strong functional Payroll knowledge and a minimum of ten years’ experience in a large payroll department processing North American payroll.
- Must have demonstrated ability to multitask, be detail oriented, and provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to investigate and identify system issues and problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience leading a team.
- Experience using Ultimate Software (UltiPro) and UltiPro Time Maintenance for payroll processing
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, including report writing skills.
- Able to organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner.
- Knowledge of withholding tax, related tax filings, tax policy and employment regulations as they relate to reporting requirements.
- Ability to analyze and interpret payroll data. Understanding of multi-jurisdiction, stock transactions and/or deferrals.
- Ability to handle numerous priorities in a dynamic and growing environment.
- CPP a plus.
- Skilled in developing strong working relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to prioritize and to work to very tight deadlines.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $100,000-$130,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!