The Payroll Manager - Americas position is part of the IHS Markit Global Payroll team and is responsible for managing our payroll process’ for the Americas Region. This position reports to the Executive Director of Global payroll and leads the US based payroll team out of Englewood, Colorado. Expectations are to build relationships internally and externally, collaborating with cross-functional teams (IT, human resource/HR services, accounting, employee and other key business partners). The successful individual will have solid knowledge of Americas based payroll related matters, including key compensation, benefit taxation and equity plans. Key responsibility center on managing the Americas payroll team, working closely with the vendors, and working within the HCM system Workday to assuring accuracy and timeliness of all payrolls. Exposure to working within a multinational environment is a plus and technical expertise with human capital management systems is required.
- Manage the Americas payroll staff based in Englewood Colorado
- Partner with payroll vendors to process monthly payroll for over 5700+ employees based in the United States, Canada, Columbia and Mexico
- Assure that all government reporting requirements are met for reporting and payment of employee related earnings, taxes and contributions
- Strong adherence to deadlines - ensuring accurate and timely payments
- Advance knowledge and accuracy of employee and/or employer contributions for statutory requirements
- Advance knowledge of US tax reporting in multi-state environment (currently in 45 states and multiple entities)
- Intermediate knowledge of processing payroll for expatriates, relocation, severance, equity and multifaceted payments
- Resolve advanced level questions and issues surfacing from interactions with key partners, multiple systems and across broad geography
- Primary contact for internal and external audit requests including SOX controls
- Problem Resolution – apply creativity and problem solving to resolve critical payroll issues
- Duties as assigned
- 12 or more years of direct continuous payroll experience (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business may offset up to 4 years of experience)
- A min of 5 years’ experience direct management of people
- A min of 10 years’ experience processing multi-state US payrolls
- Intermediate knowledge and skills in Excel and Word
- Fluent in the English language
- Superior customer service skills
- Intermediate skills in audit
- Must have the ability to explain complex issue to lay persons
- Ability to multitask (manage and prioritize workloads) and work in a fast-paced environment
- Build, inspire and motivate their team
- Strong attention to detail and effective planning, organizational, and analytical skills
- Proactive troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills
- Be accountable to team members for agreements and promises, own responsibilities and duties
- Seeks out experiences that may change perspective or provide opportunity to learn new skills
- Experience working with remote management
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.