The Payroll Director for the Americas is accountable for driving the execution of key strategic and operational activities within the payroll department, located in Arrow’s global headquarters. This includes the processing and production of payroll and all related functions for the United States and Canada, through multiple payroll runs (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly); calculations and processing of federal, provincial, state, and local taxes; deductions of insurance, benefits, pension/retirement, 401(k) contributions, and company matches. This role will also be accountable for ensuring the successful transition of Latin America payroll functions to their centralized team, in conjunction with the Director, Global Payroll Transformation.
Within the first year, successful candidates will have fully implemented a plan for payroll quality assurance, to include immediate stabilization of payroll processing and errors; assessed the implementation of Ultimate software and address performance gaps; developed a comprehensive set of metrics and key performance indicators to manage and measure performance; successfully transformed payroll activities in Latin America – to include Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Costa Rica; and addressed immediate and future talent requirements.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assume leadership of the Americas payroll function, overseeing a team of ~20 employees located throughout the region.
- Establish team goals, objectives and standards including metrics to measure progress of department and provide critical feedback.
- Plan, delegate, and control workflow assignments through proper organization design activity. This includes the preparation and facilitation of transformation activities associated with Latin America payroll.
- Ensure that all necessary controls and processes are defined and in place to ensure compliance with all federal, state, provincial and local agencies.
- Direct the compiling, tabulation, balancing and reporting of all federal, state, provincial, local and unemployment taxes.
- Work closely with third party vendor(s) to post payments and manage exceptions.
- Direct the processing, balancing and preparation annual W-2, T-4 and RL-1 statements.
- Direct the employee direct deposit and pay card account process, including working closely with Human Resources to roll out new programs across the enterprise, as well as problem-solving/troubleshooting issues.
- Ensure compliance in garnishment processing, including reporting, payments and agency interactions.
- Stay current with existing and new regulations to ensure continued compliance.
- Ensure systems and processes are properly set-up and updated to reflect ever changing tax, garnishment, and payroll related compliance.
- Ensure and facilitate the review and assessment of payroll practices and procedures for operational effectiveness and quality to continuously improve the payroll process.
- Partner actively with operations, human resources, and benefits teams to review cross-departmental impacts and implement best-practices.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and controls, SOX as well as compliance with various federal, state, and local regulations. Manage relationships with internal and external auditors.
- Partner with accounting, treasury and appropriate finance departments to ensure the appropriate, accurate accounting of all payroll and tax related expenses and related accruals and liabilities and other miscellaneous issues as assigned.
- Assist with 401(k) reporting and annual plan audits.
- Partner with compensation, benefits and human resources team to ensure the accurate, compliant and timely distribution of all LTIP, MICP and Stock related transactions.
- Develop and manage the relationships of any outside business partners/vendors and to hold those partners/vendors accountable for the delivery and execution of any service level agreements that are in place.
- Ensure escalated payroll issues or concerns are addressed and resolved. Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs. Develops, monitors and reports services and delivery metrics for the payroll function to manage and achieve results.
- Direct all in-patriate and ex-patriate tax reporting and shadow payroll activities.
- Successfully onboard and integrate the payroll function pursuant to corporate acquisitions.
- Provide leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff.
- Accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units.
- Develop departmental goals and plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities.
- Control resources and policy formation in area of responsibility.
- Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
- Look beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex
- Develop plans and deliver results in fast-changing businesses and/or regulatory environments.
- Provide input to functional or departmental strategy.
- Manage large, diverse teams of managers and/or senior professionals.
What We Are Looking For
- 15+ years of experience in a payroll management position with bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related discipline preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) Certification strongly preferred.
- Experience managing for large payroll with both exempt and non-exempt, multi-state population.
- Experience with Canadian and/or Latin American payrolls.
- Thorough understanding of applicable federal, state and provincial tax laws.
- Strong experience with payroll software (Ultimate Software is strongly preferred), payroll implementation and integrations.
- In-Patriate and Ex-Patriate experience desired.
- Must be detail-oriented, process oriented and have a proactive approach and the ability to lead and influence teams.
- Ability to effectively manage and meet multiple critical deadlines.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong understanding of equity and stock related transactions.
- Must be able to manage and meet multiple critical deadlines.
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy. Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And More!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)