Payroll & Benefits Specialist at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for a Payroll and Benefits Specialist to join our growing Human Resources (HR) Team. We’re looking for a tech savvy, detail-oriented individual who can independently coordinate all things payroll and benefits at a fast-growing, dynamic company. The ideal candidate must be organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented while being capable of managing multiple projects and priorities.
What you will be doing:
- Assist with multi-state payroll processing on a bi-weekly basis including time tracking, garnishments, absence management, bonuses, benefits and 401K deductions
- Ensure the accurate processing of new hires, promotions, and terminations by conducting regular audits
- Provide support for the annual 401(k) and financial audits
- Assure payroll information is accurate through review, audit and completion of all payroll reconciliations on a bi-weekly basis
- Critically review and analyze current payroll procedures, implement best practices, and help maintain proper internal controls
- Assist with the technical set-up and maintenance of HR/Payroll system, including integrations, data imports, and ad hoc reporting
- Facilitate standard employee inquiries related to payroll
- Responsible for all required communications and government reporting related to payroll
- Answer employee questions regarding pay and benefits
- Lead special projects, as needed
What we are looking for:
- 2-4 years of payroll experience
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, and provide excellent customer service
- Excellent problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to investigate and identify system issues and problems
- Solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws
- Able to organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner
- Unquestionable ability to maintain confidential information and work with utmost discretion
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with the HR team and beyond
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $50,000-60,000.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.