Payroll & Benefits Clerk (Administrator) at Zayo (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
Process multi-state, semi-monthly payroll accurately and in a timely manner. Maintain up-to-date employee records in Payroll/HRIS systems. Administer new hire benefits and termination, 401(k) files, as well as leave of absence.
- Help with the completion of semi-monthly payrolls; reviewing open payroll items for accuracy prior to payroll processing; verifying payroll information; reviewing and resolving payroll inquiries (missing payments, incorrect payments, tax issues, etc.); importing/exporting payroll data and timesheets from the system into Excel and other systems; and manipulating data with v-lookups and pivot tables.
- Assist with managing the weekly retirement plan files and errors, resolving weekly integration errors, submitting workers compensation claims, life insurance claims etc.
- Coordinate leave of absence programs and leave tracking, payroll coordination, and manager/HR/ Workday notifications
- Workday benefits partner for new hire and termination approvals.
- Handle monthly invoicing from all vendors as well as plan audits and reconciliation
- Act as liaison for employee questions
- Develops reports and run queries to handle information requests from managers or Human Resources.
- Review and approve submitted expenses for accuracy and ensure they adhere to Company Policy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, but only after appropriate training.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years’ experience of payroll and/or benefits processing.
- Knowledge of Federal and State payroll regulations and requirements.
- Multi State payroll processing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships that facilitate learning, promote teamwork, and demonstrate exemplary customer service.
- Proficient in MS Office Programs, primarily Excel.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to handle time sensitive/confidential information appropriately
- Base salary range: $48,100-$64,100
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.