Payroll Analyst at Udemy
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:23 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, March 17, 2021
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Udemy is seeking a Payroll Analyst to join its growing Total Rewards team. Reporting to the Global Payroll and Equity Manager, the Payroll Analyst will play a key role in scaling the payroll function in the US, Turkey, Ireland, India, Brazil, and other countries as we grow. In addition, you will provide support in administering Udemy’s equity plans. The ideal candidate has 6+ years of US payroll experience, strong attention to detail, a desire to learn, and a ‘can do’ attitude. Experience with Workday Payroll is a plus.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Provide a high level of customer service to current and former employees on payroll and equity administration questions.
- Develop and maintain employee resources related to timesheets, payroll policies, and procedures.
- Prepare semi-monthly & monthly payroll for 600+ US employees by consolidating payroll documentation and entering changes timely and accurately in Workday Payroll.
- Upload and reconcile high-volume payroll changes including expenses, commissions, comp data, and equity transactions.
- Manage the end-to-end timesheet administration process including employee reminders, follow-ups, adjustments, and reconciliations against payroll.
- Assist with US payroll tax compliance by tracking federal, state, and local tax agency notices and resolving with ADP SmartCompliance.
- Partner with the Global Payroll Manager and local People Team members to prepare monthly international payroll for Ireland, Turkey, and Brazil.
- Administer employee equity transactions in Carta by payroll taxation via Workday.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve day-to-day payroll and equity processes.
- Team Up on Global Implementation process & procedures.
- Preparing financial reports for accounting and auditing purposes
We’re excited about you because you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- 6+ years of US payroll processing experience.
- An analytical mindset and strong attention to detail.
- Aptitude for learning new systems.
- Comfort with common Excel functions like VLOOKUP and pivot tables.
- Ability to partner effectively with a diverse group of colleagues across many functions and countries.
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized in a constantly evolving work environment.
- Desire to gain experience in international payroll and equity.
- Workday Payroll experience is a plus.
- Payroll Implementation of platforms.
- FPC/CPP preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal payroll and related tax regulations, legislation and guidelines including, but not limited to: writs of garnishment, child support, levies, subpoenas, non-resident alien, and U.S. tax treaties
Minimum $64,000 + Equity + Benefits (See Below)
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
- Health Plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
- Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
- Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, telehealth, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
- Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy for Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
- Charitable Matching Program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable.
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays throughout the year; during COVID-19, Udemy also provides roughly one “Wellness Day” per month while working from home.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Adds More than $1 Billion To Its Valuation in New Funding Round
Udemy’s Workplace Learning Tool Just Surpassed $100M in ARR
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description