PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. People know us best for the PopGrip, a collapsible grip and stand that provides a secure, one-handed way to hold any mobile device. But we're always hard at work inventing new, expressive, extremely fun products that serve a functional need and help do some good in the world. From PopWallet and PopMounts, to PopPower chargers and an expanding line of beauty products, we're tireless in our pursuit of the company's mission to create empowering, customizable, magical products for our customers to enjoy.
We are looking for selfless, customer-obsessed, responsible, innovative, passionate, transparent, impactful, and courageous individuals to join us as we make an ever-growing positive impact, one Little Life Changer at a time.
The Payroll Administrator will be trusted with timely and accurate payroll processing. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with some level of ambiguity and have a strong desire for stepping up and stepping into stretch roles and projects within.
- Process US and international payroll and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Perform day-to-day payroll operations including processing new hires, merit increases, terminations, LOAs, bonuses, liens, and garnishments accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage tax and withholding records and deductions for all federal, state, local or other corporate taxes that affect payroll amounts.
- Review, audit and balancing of all payroll-related input to ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries and benefits, compliant with federal & state regulations.
- Participate in monthly close activities by preparing journal entries and reconciliations for all payroll and benefit related accounts.
- Process accurate and timely quarterly and year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, 1095).
- Understand proper taxation of earning and deductions types (bonus, advances, severances, etc.)
- Manage external audits relating to payroll and 401k.
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders and third-party service providers.
- Respond timely to employee inquiries concerning payroll related matters.
- Partner closely with HR on employee benefits and withholding (401K, FSA, HSA, etc) elections.
- Assist with the payroll registration and setup for new locations as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining payroll SOX, policies, and procedures documentation.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and projects as needed.
- 3+ years of relevant payroll experience.
- 2-3 years of experience processing international payroll.
- Strong proficiency of ADP Workforce Now and Microsoft Excel.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of payroll best practices and Federal and State regulations.
- Detailed oriented and fantastic organization skills.
- Ability to be self-directed yet to be informative in a timely fashion
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
Salary range: $45,000 to $55,000
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.