Manager, Total Rewards at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
We are looking for a Benefits and Payroll Manager to support our fast-paced software company. This position will oversee and develop our teams focused on benefits administration, payroll, HRIS, leave of absences, and more.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Oversight of the company's payroll and benefit administration.
· Coordinate the bi-weekly payroll process for a 1,300+ employee organization and ensure it is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely.
· Manage the overall payroll relationship process with internal HRIS and payroll fulfillment vendor.
· Develop, maintain and consistently streamline payroll policy and procedures to ensure proper internal controls and efficient processes
· Research and resolve payroll issues.
· Review compliance and completeness of all governmental reporting including, but not limited to 1099's, W-9's, and W-2's.
· Develops, implements and maintains the company's benefit programs.
· Negotiates annual renewal and recommends forward looking programs to ensure alignment with market competitiveness.
· Oversight of internal leaves and accommodation programs and ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws.
· Provides recommendations for process/system improvements on an ongoing basis.
· 5 years' payroll and benefits experience
· Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
· Prior management experience preferred
· Bachelor's degree in HR preferred
· Experience with Workday highly preferred
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
· Located and working from an office location (when required)*
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.