Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Required to demonstrate strong Process and Project Management skillset in all areas of Total Rewards. This includes building strong relationships with the Human Resources Business Partnership Team, the Talent Acquisition Team and all company leaders – change management communication.
- Ability to help prioritize workload and show strong commitment to coaching and developing all Total Rewards team members.
Compensation Administration & Management | 60%
- Reviews the company’s compensation levels relative to GHX’s identified market, developing and recommending changes to the salary structure, serves as lead for conducting job evaluations and communicating results.
- Manages base pay and variable pay compensation program design, analysis and administration, including professional, exempt and non-exempt plans as well as supporting executive plans.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring compliance of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) for U.S. based positions.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures; recommending plan revision as well as new plans which are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
- Responsible for the planning, design, administration and implementation of the annual compensation salary planning process; including working with Finance to achieve budget expectations.
- Partners with HRBP and business leaders on designing and pricing any organizational structure changes.
- Manages the external compensation survey process and survey subscriptions.
Benefits Management | 20%
- Communicates benefit, retirement and wellness programs, ensures statutory compliance with FMLA, ADA, COBRA, OSHA, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Leads the preparation and execution of benefit documentation such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instructs insurance carriers, trustees, and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefit program. Ensures prompt and accurate compliance.
- Works closely with the Benefits Specialist to ensure strong administration of annual filings, audits, administration of leave of absence programs and employee support.
· Partners closely with outside Benefits Consultant/Broker to:
- Manages employee benefits programs such as medical, dental and vision; term life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and accidental death policies.
- Develops specifications for new plans or modifies existing plans to maintain company's competitive position in labor market and ensure a benefit package that is meaningful for all company locations.
- Manages implementation of approved new plans and changes including communication materials, booklets, and other media for communicating new plans to employees.
- Ensures plans are administered according to service level agreements and the appropriate customer service is being provided to plan participants.
- Develops company cost information for new plans and makes recommendations to management concerning sharing of cost between employer and employee.
· Partners closely with outside Retirement Consultant/Broker as well as Retirement Advisor/Fiduciary Partners to ensure compliance and accuracy with retirement plan for all participants. This includes annual filings, testing and audits as well as being a member of the Fiduciary Committee.
Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS) Management | 20%
- Responsible for company-wide security administration, business process design, end user experience, reporting and analytics as it relates to the HRMS only.
- Ensures best practice business process/workflows and other system dependencies are in place within HRMS to support system users.
- Ensures compliance with global, federal, state and local data protection regulations such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Works closely with the HRMS Specialist to ensure strong administration of compensation programs, annual performance reviews, benefits administration and open enrollment, payroll and reporting efforts.
- Supervises preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies.
Manages 3rd party partnerships with brokers, carriers and administration vendors.
Participates in and leads special projects or other duties as needed.
- A Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of experience in Benefits, HRIS and/or Compensation Administration, or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in HRMS administration, preferably in Ultimate Software’s UltiPro
- 4+years of experience leading a team.
- Demonstrated experience in Process and Project Management.
- Strong knowledge of benefits compliance and reporting requirements, enrollment processes and plan administration with corporate benefits experience strongly desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word); to include advanced MS Excel skills (Pivot-Tables, VLOOKUP’s, MACROs, etc.) required.
- Excellent communications skills, cross-functional collaboration skills, strong planning and project management skills, and be able to work well with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels.
- Familiar with global, federal, state and local data protection regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Strong vendor management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and implement programs.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and follow up skills able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.