Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Manages the employee and labor relations functions and activities for salaried, exempt and non-exempt, and hourly, non-union and union represented, employees for multiple plants in Ball Beverage Packaging North & Central America.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Promotes and encourages appropriate communication between employees and management.
- Ensures close-working relationships with plant human resources managers at all plants to serve as a resource to them on all employee relations and labor-management issues.
- Assists plant human resources departments in various tasks, assignments, and projects upon request.
- Provides coaching on employee performance, disciplinary actions, terminations, rules and policies interpretation, workplace threats and violence, and contract or handbook interpretation.
- Keeps current with plant performance, sales, customer, and employee issues at executive and plant level.
- Oversees the implementation of human resources programs through plant HR staff and personal efforts.
- Plans, organizes, consults with management and participates as spokesperson for all labor contracts and other negotiations.
- Provides direct support on labor relations issues involving contract interpretation, union management relations, training to plant management regarding contract application and grievance procedures.
- Maintains excellent business relationships with all associated international union representatives.
- Reads, reviews, and reports to management on court cases, arbitration decisions, legislation and labor trends, which may have a direct impact upon group operations.
- Maintains and enhances professional knowledge and skill base through training and research.
- Ensures conformity to legal, corporate, and group requirements and practices by conducting reviews of human resources practices at plants.
- Acts as a champion for diversity, promotes healthy work environment through actions and behaviors.
- Supports and ensures compliance and timely execution of corporate and division initiatives.
Professional & Education Qualifications:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 8 years minimum, experience in start-ups and acquisitions helpful
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: SPHR, SHRM SCP, preferred, Masters or MBA preferred
- Employee Relations, labor relations, union avoidance, union-management relations, negotiation of labor contracts, contract construction and enforcement, discipline administration, arbitration and conflict resolution, regulatory and legal compliance at Federal, State, Provincial, and local levels.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 98,500 - 150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 13
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, click here for more info https://www.ball.com/us_benefits
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans