Manager, Recruiting (GTM) at Nylas
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:41 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, August 25, 2021
**Please note how we will consider candidates from the following locations: Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, Seattle
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 40,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas is a BIG advocate for the well-being of its employees, which is why we have embraced a People First philosophy. It’s about giving more autonomy and flexibility to our employees. It’s not about when, where or how the work is accomplished; it’s about adopting a mindset of velocity and trust when tackling the work. It’s about respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
Nylanauts have the ability to decide the best workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. Why? Because we want our employees to be great; because we are focussed on being a high-performing team. To achieve this mission, we remove barriers and offer more autonomy. So, Nylanauts are encouraged to find those environments that inspire them to be great. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Montana or from the beaches of Italy.
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can! The workspace is there to be utilized.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
Nylas is searching for its first Manager, Recruiting to assist with our rapid growth across the globe.
This is a remarkable opportunity that will work at the intersection of recruiting strategy, operations, and project management. Reporting to the Head of People, you will be responsible for managing a high performing team of recruiters and partnering with key hiring leaders to create scalable recruiting strategies that will enable us to produce diverse pipelines across multiple geographies. You will be responsible for innovation and creating efficiencies across the entire recruiting process to accelerate hiring. You will drive relationships with hiring teams and candidates by developing analytics, reporting, and scalable best-in-class processes. You leverage creative techniques to discover qualified candidates and have demonstrated success in converting passive leads to active candidates. You understand that no close is ever identical, and have numerous examples of going above and beyond to deeply connect with your candidates and ultimately bring them on board. You are someone who exudes gumption; loves ambiguity; challenges the status quo; and sees themselves as a builder.
What You'll Do
- Manage and scale a team of recruiters to deliver excellent performance, develop their recruiting expertise, and facilitate their professional development
- Partner with senior leaders across the organization to understand their hiring objectives and develop team recruiting strategies to hit headcount goals
- Drive process efficiencies to scale hiring and team operating models across our global recruiting team
- Originate and build a clear diversity strategy alongside cross functional partners
- Leverage data to define success metrics, measure productivity, and inform strategic decision making
- Develop and lead recruiting focused projects to support our engineering and product hiring teams
- Reflect and iterate on the hiring process to improve efficiency, quality of assessment, and ability to close candidates
- Provide a delightful experience to every candidate, regardless of hiring outcome
- Analyze recruiting metrics to pinpoint opportunity areas and implement solutions
- Drive offers, including generating offer letters, extending offers, and closing candidates.
- Build strong, diverse pipelines of quality talent for various positions across all departments.
- Design and facilitate interview and recruiting discussions with interviewers and hiring managers.
- Coach and guide hiring managers on recruiting related processes and interview skills
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years of recruiting management experience formally leading recruiters in a fast-paced, high-growth environment (in-house experience preferred).
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience sourcing and closing profiles ranging from new grad to senior management positions
- Experience partnering with hiring teams throughout the recruiting process, acting as an effective hiring partner
- Experience partnering with senior level management
- Experience using data and reporting tools to influence decisions
- A growth mindset and ability to think of creative solutions
- Technical expertise and deep understanding of technical concepts, competitive landscape, terminology, trends, and products including coding languages and technical stacks
- Self-motivated and driven; you look for solutions and impact, without being asked twice.
- Curious to dig deeper beyond the surface level of a job profile researching market trends, domain technology, and seek out information to have a solid understanding of the business.
- Motivated for feedback, and want to grow and develop in your career
- Ability to combine business acumen with strong influencing skills to advise and coach hiring partners
- Capable of thinking creatively and critically, and thrive in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
- A curiosity and passion to learn a lot! Always pushing things forward and simplifying our processes and procedures
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% of medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Retirement Plan: 401k & RRSP with a company match (super rare for a startup)
- Holidays: 14 paid annual holidays (New Year’s Day, Family Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Indigenous People's Day, etc)
- Education Stipend: annual education & development benefit
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Voting/Election PTO: 4 hours of paid time off to vote in person or volunteer at a polling place
Salary Band: 110,000 - 155,000
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description