Learning and Organizational Development Manager
Recognized as one the Top 100 Tech Companies by Builtin.com and over 4.4-star review on Glassdoor, SambaSafety® is the pioneer of driver risk management software in North America. Trusted by over 2 million subscribed drivers; thousands of businesses look to Sambasafety to provide the most powerful, advanced, intuitive, and impactful risk solution platform on the market. SambaSafety is growing at an incredible rate with high employee engagement. It’s an exciting time to be at Samba. Now is the right time to join our high performing culture. We hope to see you here!
What You’ll Do:
- Full ownership and management of our new hire orientation (NHO) program including continuously taking action to further innovate the program.
- Develop career path educational training courses for each team/position
- Create and deliver new manager and seasoned manager training. Explore methods of share best management practices to all managers of people
- Produce and administer our management peer group meetings every 6 months
- Identify and take point on the implementation of an LMS
- Facilitate various courses to our population
- Track and ensure all mandated training is completed by our employees
- Partner with those currently providing training throughout the organization and take ownership
- Conduct needs assessments with business unit leaders and department heads to create a training plan that ensures conformity with company initiatives, strategic plans, and best practice process changes.
- Develop training objectives and lesson plans, and collaborates on instructional treatment to develop high-quality custom coursework to meet individual customer needs.
- Oversee and administer training data including platforms to organize and schedule training.
- Manage relationships with external training consultants as needed to ensure the delivery to appropriate training programs.
- Assist supervising managers in identifying and addressing employee development needs in an appropriate manner.
- Guide Subject Matter Experts to ensure efficient development and implementation of training. Manage project resources (people and material) to ensure deliverables are completed in scope and on schedule.
- Design, develop and deliver instructional training programs using effective adult learning strategies.
- Ensure consistent quality of the materials presented, as well as the overall training experience; create a training brand across the company training programs.
- Verify training materials and content are consistent with Saunders business policies and procedures as outlined in procedures manuals.
- Develop trainer development programs and coach others involved in training efforts, providing effective growth and development opportunities.
- Attend training sessions to assist or support instructors as needed.
- Remain up-to-date on developments in training and instructional practices including technology enhancements and attends periodic seminars, forums, and meetings to ensure currency of education.
- Develop, manage and administer the required Employment Law and compliance training annually.
- Gather and examine feedback from completed training for the purpose of continuously improving content and format and identifying the most effective means of learning.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Work with assigned client groups to conduct talent reviews, review organizational structure, handle ER issues, and provide guidance/support
- Research HR Best Practices and support implementation
- Support and develop our performance management project
- Develop and track business relevant HR metrics
- Positively influence change management
What you’ll need:
- Education and Experience: BA/BS Degree in Business, Organizational Development, Human Resources, or related field and/or equivalent education and experience.
- 5+ of Human Resources experience in Training and Organizational Development with some exposure to HR Business Partner/Generalist function.
- Strong knowledge of organizational behavior and organizational change practices
- Understands that business needs and opportunities drive learning and talent development initiatives
- The ability to effectively multi-task and drive multiple projects
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills as well as strong planning and execution skills
- Proactive, highly organized, able to drive project progress through effective issues management and communication
- Identifies coaching needs and will set expectations for coaching experience with the internal client and stakeholders
- Ability to function strategically as well as tactically to successfully manage projects
- Professional presentation and consulting skills
- Experience managing complex projects and demonstrated ability to achieve success both independently and through collaborative efforts
- Strong influencing skills and leads change management on various programs across the business
- Ability to identify and execute process improvements
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint templates
- Demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Some travel required