**Please note how we will consider candidates from the following locations: Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, Seattle
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 40,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas is a BIG advocate for the well-being of its employees, which is why we have embraced a People First philosophy. It’s about giving more autonomy and flexibility to our employees. It’s not about when, where or how the work is accomplished; it’s about adopting a mindset of velocity and trust when tackling the work. It’s about respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
Nylanauts have the ability to decide the best workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. Why? Because we want our employees to be great; because we are focussed on being a high-performing team. To achieve this mission, we remove barriers and offer more autonomy. So, Nylanauts are encouraged to find those environments that inspire them to be great. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Montana or from the beaches of Italy.
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can! The workspace is there to be utilized.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
Nylas is searching for a Learning and Development Manager to partner with all the various teams and departments as we enter our next phase of growth. This is a remarkable opportunity that will work at the intersection of recruiting strategy, operations, and project management. Reporting to the Head of People, you will lead our learning strategy to support scaling up in hyper-growth. You will build learning and training programs for employees and managers at both the company level and the unit level. You will drive relationships with people managers by developing analytics, reporting, and scalable best-in-class processes. You are someone who exudes gumption; loves ambiguity; challenges the status quo; and sees themselves as a builder.
What You'll Do
- Manage the end-to-end responsibility for the design and execution of Nylas' learning strategy and solutions to support scaling up in hyper-growth
- Manage the global training programs from needs assessment to execution at both the company level and the unit level
- Architect and execute programs and experiences that support leaders and managers at global scale and at different career moments (e.g., first time manager)
- Manage manager enablement programs end-to-end, including designing, marketing, facilitating, and evaluating program content
- Work closely with managers to assess business learning needs and develop training materials that will bridge those learning gaps
- Support the design of new-hires orientation learning programs and materials (e-learning and F2F)
- Ensure the successful and consistent delivery of core programs across talent management portfolio including performance management, compensation, promotions, engagement surveys, career development
- Apply talent management expertise to the development, design, and implementation of new talent management programs and processes
- Leverage data and storytelling to support decision-making and enable change across the organization
- Utilize issue-based problem solving techniques to rapidly identity problem statements and structure key activities to deliver outcomes
- Leverage data to support pragmatic analysis and build narratives as applicable to support project teams in advancing decisions for specific initiatives
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years of experience in L&D and/or leadership development roles
- Vision for the future of L&D in an evolving world
- Experience in managing learning programs at a large scale and in hyper-growth mode
- Extensive proven experience in planning, executing, and leading large-scale learning solutions with a variety of interfaces
- Strategic thinker with strong project/program management capabilities
- Develop the learning & development strategy and curriculum, using ADDIE principles
- Proven experience in implementing training and learning plans for remote locations/teams
- Solid desire and ability to improve processes and build relationships
- Experience leveraging technology to curate and deliver high-impact learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management and ability to lead and drive initiatives
- A growth mindset and ability to think of creative solutions
- Curious to dig deeper beyond the surface level of a job profile researching market trends, domain technology, and seek out information to have a solid understanding of the business
- Motivated for feedback, and want to grow and develop in your career
- Ability to combine business acumen with strong influencing skills to advise and coach hiring partners
- Capable of thinking creatively and critically, and thrive in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
- A curiosity and passion to learn a lot! Always pushing things forward and simplifying our processes and procedures
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% of medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Retirement Plan: 401k & RRSP with a company match (super rare for a startup)
- Holidays: 14 paid annual holidays (New Year’s Day, Family Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Indigenous People's Day, etc)
- Education Stipend: annual education & development benefit
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Voting/Election PTO: 4 hours of paid time off to vote in person or volunteer at a polling place
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description