Learning and Development Consultant at FRONTSTEPS
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, FRONTSTEPS is a SaaS company with a resident engagement platform to empower communities to be safe, informed, and efficient. More than 23,000 communities nationwide — that’s 4.4 million homeowners — are covered by FRONTSTEPS services! We deliver solutions that simplify how management companies, homeowner associations, builders, and security & patrol experts build, connect, operate, and secure modern communities. With a focus on mobile-first technology and best-in-class integrations, our products make it easy for community leaders and homeowners to communicate, collaborate, and drive a more prosperous community.
FRONTSTEPS is guided by the core values of 1) developing our people, 2) taking care of the customer at all times, 3) moving with purpose and urgency, 4) being open, honest, and transparent, 5) innovating and failing forward, and 6) being courageous.
We are looking for an experienced Learning & Development Professional that has the desire and drive to make a difference across our entire organization. The goal for this role is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills, and a thorough understanding of our software product suite in an effective and fun manner. A successful candidate will be a tech-savvy enthusiast ready to take on the challenge and wear multiple hats, playing the role of facilitator, innovator, researcher, and content developer. You will challenge learners’ understanding through relevant activities, author measurable learning objectives, and develop materials that promote transfer, retention, and application. New ideas and creative minds welcome!
- Partner with business key stakeholders to identify gaps in knowledge, skills, and behaviors and work collaboratively to develop and implement appropriate learning solutions
- Collaborate with stakeholders to draft Key Learning Objectives and create content that achieves positive knowledge transfer of learning objectives
- Plan, develop, and facilitate staff learning and development solutions through engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances knowledge retention and transfer
- Capture technical capabilities of software and create training guides and visual presentations
- eLearning software knowledge and the ability to create interactive and engaging on-demand training courses
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Deliver virtual (and/or in-person) instructor-led training to internal audiences
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain our online knowledge base
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven work experience as a Learning and Development professional with at least 3 year of experience in L&D, Training, or in the area of Instructional Design
- Knowledge and experience in creating both Instructor-led training as well as virtual/web-based trainings
- Excellent knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design models
- Ability to design content and deliver training to both internal and external audiences
- Familiar with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple L&D programs and content at the same time
- Certification in instructional design, educational technology, or similar a plus
- A problem solver mindset with a focus on customer experience (both internal and external)
- Must be able to work independently due to remote work environment
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business or Education, or equivalent experience and training
- 3-5 years of experience designing software training curricula
- 1-3 years of experience using eLearning authoring software (Articulate Storyline for example)
- Facilitation and trainer experience a HUGE plus!
- Knowledge of HOA/Community Management preferred
Occasional but rare travel for team or business meetings.
This position may be based remotely or in Colorado with a salary range of $60,000 - $70,000. Benefits include the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off, Sick Time
- Internet Reimbursement
- 401k match
FRONTSTEPS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.