International Onboarding Specialist at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
Location: Remote from The Netherlands, Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Ireland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden or Poland
Languages: English + any EU languages are highly desirable
Start date: ASAP
Invitae is a rapidly growing medical genetics company whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
We are a multidisciplinary company executing a novel business model in a highly technical, highly regulated, and overly complex industry against a backdrop of rapid and disruptive technological advancement. Patients are at the center of everything we do, while we continually seek to improve and grow in efficiency and strive to produce consistent and reliable results.
At Invitae, we’re building an organization that can continuously innovate at scale. Equally importantly, we’re building a company where we love to work. As a team, we pride ourselves in having a diverse group of individuals who collaborate and work well together so that we can learn and grow from one another. We rely on each other to work with a sense of urgency and with a goal of putting the team above the individual.
As you join team Invitae, you are expected to help us grow and modify our culture over time, and most importantly, to challenge us when we are not living up to it. It’s important to keep in mind that we craft and maintain our culture to serve our mission, and we will adjust our culture from time to time to optimize the pursuit of that mission.
About The Role
To pursue our shared mission and help Invitae grow, we are looking for an International Onboarding Specialist.
We are looking for a highly organized and service-oriented Onboarding Specialist to join Talent Operations, a team that is focused on helping our colleagues thrive and supporting the organization in being greater than the sum of its parts. This person will be responsible for ensuring that all new hires across EMEA, LATAM, APAC and Canada receive a warm welcome and are set up to make an impact quickly.
The job will entail everything that happens after the offer letter is signed to bring a new person aboard on day 1. Scheduling first day arrival, organizing new hire documents, facilitating laptop set up, payroll and benefits enrollment and providing an overview of how to get started at Invitae. You will also be on-boarding people remotely in different time zones via phone or Zoom.
The role of the Employee Experience Coordinator is to welcome new hires into a positive, rewarding work environment with the overarching goal of developing an organization that attracts and retains talented employees. This starts with an outstanding onboarding process and continues with engaging employees so they feel connected to the organization at large.
What you will do
- Support Invitae’s onboarding program and ensure that our Invitaens in the regions outside US are off to a successful start in their first few weeks;
- Be the helping hand for all new hires across EMEA, LATAM, APAC and Canada regions in the first weeks;
- Liaise and work together with US Onboarding Team to ensure the experience is efficient and streamlined
- Collaborate with the Onboarding team around ways to improve process and deliver a consistent and user-centric experience;
- Collaborating with stakeholders to ensure all documentations have been completed and stored by keeping open communication with onboarding partners
- Troubleshoot on-demand issues in a timely manner, escalate queries to the US Team when necessary, answer policy-related questions.
- Assist with payroll and benefits questions
- Assist with laptop shipments
- Assist the Employee Experience team with creating and maintaining a calendar of events such as Social Hours, Game Nights, Volunteer Opportunities that bring people together remotely and on-site
- Work with the Learning and Development team to ensure international employees have access to professional development
- Work with the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team to carry over programs internationally
- Survey international employees regularly in order to improve onboarding and inclusiveness.
- Implement improvements based on survey data
What you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field;
- High proficiency in English; Additional languages are highly desirable;
- 3 years of experience in HR Operations field required; preferably with focus on onboarding, employee experience, or any candidate or customer-facing tasks or projects;
- Familiarity with some of our core tools and systems: Greenhouse, G-Suite, Mac OS, JIRA, DocuSign. ADP and Concur are a plus;
- Ability to work in a complex, international, fast paced environment, where candidate and employee experience is paramount;
- High level of attention to detail, ability to work with sensitive and confidential information;
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Event planning experience
- Comfortable giving presentations for small to medium sized groups
Interested in this position? Please apply online by sending us your CV in English
Get to know us!
Do you want to know more about us and how we are changing the genetics industry?
- Visit our website Invitae.com
- Check out Invitae’s YouTube Channel
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
/!\ Staffing and Recruiting Agencies /!\
Contact from Staffing and Recruitment Agencies are not appreciated and will be automatically disregarded. Our vacancies are only intended for individuals. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency will be considered unsolicited. We do not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Invitae retains your application data for 12 months to process your job application and produce anonymised monitoring statistics. After 12 months, your data will automatically be deleted. In addition, you have the right to request your personal data be deleted, updated or removed at any time. You also have the right to have a copy of the information Invitae holds about you. You can make such requests by emailing [email protected]