Internal Communications Manager at Nylas
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:28 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, October 5, 2021
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 40,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas is a BIG advocate for the well-being of its employees, which is why we have embraced a People First philosophy. It’s about giving more autonomy and flexibility to our employees. It’s not about when, where or how the work is accomplished; it’s about adopting a mindset of velocity and trust when tackling the work. It’s about respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
Nylanauts have the ability to decide the best workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. Why? Because we want our employees to be great; because we are focussed on being a high-performing team. To achieve this mission, we remove barriers and offer more autonomy. So, Nylanauts are encouraged to find those environments that inspire them to be great. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Montana or from the beaches of Italy.
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can! The workspace is there to be utilized.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
Nylas is seeking an Internal Communications Manager to help build compelling narratives that help connect our people with our product, brand, and vision. As our first-ever Internal Communications Manager, you will be responsible for building out an internal communications strategy and crafting the way Nylas interacts with its employees to help inform, motivate, and inspire them. You will partner with cross-functional organizations to execute and own our internal communications strategy.
What You'll Do
- Own the Nylas internal communications strategy that builds an understanding of the business, engagement in its culture, and establishes a sense of connection and belonging for current employees, new hires, and prospective employees.
- Work closely with People to amplify Nylas’ presence across sites including Glassdoor, Crunchbase, Built In, The Muse, InHerSight and more.
- Identify and submit Nylas for key industry awards centered around people and culture.
- Partner closely with senior leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to act as a trusted advisor on employee-related issues and engagement strategies.
- Drive engagement and visibility across employee channels and internal events, both in-person and virtual, including company-wide and organizational All Hands, executive Q&A’s, internal databases and newsletters, and other internal communications campaigns.
- Work closely with Nylas marketing to develop internal communications messaging and strategies around integrated marketing campaigns, social media and thought leadership campaigns, and product releases.
What You'll Bring
- 4-6 years of experience with internal communications or HR communications. PR or marketing experience along with experience at B2B tech or SaaS companies is a plus.
- Excellent writing, communications, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Able to empathize with employees and present meaningful solutions to internal teams.
- Ability to work directly with senior executives and inspire confidence.
- Passionate about working and learning in a fast-growing company.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description