Inclusion & Diversity Program Assistant at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Inclusion & Diversity Program Assistant
The Inclusion & Diversity Program Assistant will be a critical member of our I&D team and will help provide administrative support, program coordination, and project management support to advance Ball Aerospace I&D initiatives. Reporting to the Sr. Director – I&D this role will support Ball Networks and Interest Groups, providing advice, guidance, and execution support of our I&D strategy. Position will also support special projects that are focused on advancing talent attraction, retention, development, and promotion efforts.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide administrative support to the I&D team to include meetings, “calendaring”, event coordination, and maintenance of online resources.
- Collaborate with HR partners, business leaders, stakeholders, and other allies to develop and implement inclusion and diversity action plans.
- Assist in the creation of Ball Aerospace’s Inclusion & Diversity council and participate in regularly scheduled meetings focused on execution of action plans.
- Operate as a liaison between I&D team and internal teams as well as external partners (NSBE, SHPE, SWE, AISES, NACME, etc.).
- Generate ideas and content to communicate and promote I&D initiatives both internally and externally, including the regular updating of the I&D internal websites.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related field (Business, HR, Sustainability, Psychology, Sociology, Public Policy, Organization Development, or other related Liberal Arts degree programs).
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, awareness of and commitment to contemporary issues of inclusion, social justice, diversity, access, and equity.
- Intermediate or advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to build relationships quickly to reach the desired outcomes preferred.
- Experience and/or knowledge of emerging inclusion and workplace civility fields such as inclusive leadership, unconscious bias, and gender diversity preferred.
- Experience assisting with the development and implementation of an EEO program preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to interact with all levels of teammates (e.g., senior leaders, early-career employees) preferred.
- Ability to effectively conduct conversations on various D&I topics while creating an environment of trust, compassion, and understanding preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills preferred.
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment with tight deadlines preferred.
- Any I&D/DEI focused Certifications preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ability to travel within the U.S. as needed.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.71 - $26.44 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.