DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare delivery through mobile and virtual healthcare. A rapidly scaling Denver, Colo., startup, we provide right-sized healthcare through the power of technology, convenience, and service. DispatchHealth is creating an integrated, convenient, high-touch care-delivery solution that extends the capabilities of the patient's care team and ensures that we provide personalized, quality care in the home or at the patient’s location of need. Our skilled, certified providers arrive onsite with the expertise and tools necessary to administer advanced medical care, supported by our technological infrastructure to ensure quality and to improve outcomes. DispatchHealth brings together experienced professionals with proven success in medicine, engineering and operations and a passion for transforming the healthcare landscape.
DispatchHealth is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. DispatchHealth offers a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family, and short-term disability leave.
Do you want to be part of and thrive in a fast-paced, growth-stage, entrepreneurial technology, and healthcare delivery company?
Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done?
Are you passionate about transforming healthcare through technology innovation, service and quality care delivered to patients?
Provide patient-centered care through the power of technology, convenience, and service.
Transforming healthcare by building a system of care in the home.
Our Values – the foundation to our culture
· Courage to advocate for our patients and each other
· Innovation to trailblaze a new path for healthcare
· Integrity to create a respectful and inclusive environment
· Compassion to provide quality, safe and excellent care
DispatchHealth is recruiting a Human Resource Specialist to join our high-growth team of innovative and dynamic individuals. The HR Specialist is an integral role to support DispatchHealth employees across all markets. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented and be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment with aggressive deadlines.
- Employee Relations: work with company leadership to support employees through personal and professional matters that arise. Consult with managers to address employee behavior and performance concerns. Provide training on how to interpret and apply our policies and practices, employment law, and other regulations to support managers employee relations inquiries.
- Investigations: conduct employee relations investigations. Assist with gathering and analyzing facts, applying relevant policies, and presenting findings for further action and proposed remediation. This role is responsible for both routine and sensitive employee relations cases.
- Performance: assist managers with the process for ensuring that employee performance improvement reviews are timely, well documented, and followed up as appropriate. Consult with managers to address specific employee performance concerns, including performance improvement plans and involuntary termination process and practices.
- Compliance: work with HR leadership to ensure company is compliant with all federal and state requirements related to employees and employers.
- Workers Comp: point of contact of notification for an employee incident or injury. Responsible for all documentation regarding the incident. You will work closely with the safety department to conduct the investigation and look for possible injury and accident trends.
- Leave and Short-Term Disability: oversee leave programs including FMLA, short-term disability, and long-term disability.
- General HR Duties: reporting, updating employment policies, assisting with payroll, and supporting department and company leadership as needed.
Required Competencies, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and own a project from start to finish
- High emotional intelligence and savvy
- Able to be discrete and deal with highly confidential information
- Passion for redefining healthcare
- Commitment to excellence in everything you do
- Desire to work in a fast paced and high energy start-up environment
- Highly organized, detail and goal oriented
- Strong business acumen
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment
- Creative problem solving and ability to think outside the box
- Proficiency in using Human Capital Management technology platforms
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4-6 years Human Resource experience required
- Experience and familiarity with Workers Compensation and Leave programs
- Employee relations and investigations experience a plus
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.