Human Resources Specialist I - Compensation at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Human Resources Strategic Support Unit develops, retains, rewards and attracts talent needed for the business to attain strategic and operational goals.
Human Resources Specialist I - Compensation
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with administering compensation guidelines, policies, and programs.
- Review and analyze employee data and provide recommendations – including reviewing job qualifications.
- Perform labor market analyses on the established benchmark positions and report the variances between the labor market and Ball Aerospace positions.
- Provide support for government and internal audits.
- Perform independent research, as needed, report findings, and make recommendations.
- Review the Compensation Guidelines on the Compensation Website and make recommendations.
- May participate in compensation surveys.
- May work with management regarding on-going compensation questions and issues.
- May conduct job audits of individual positions and make recommendations.
- Create, modify, and run reports in SuccessFactors.
- Provide support to different projects or assignments within the department as needed.
- Filing and other assigned HR administrative duties.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience administering compensation-related programs is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (lookups, pivots), Access, PowerPoint; HRIS (SuccessFactors preferred).
- Ability to handle sensitive-related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills, computer skills, and a strong customer service orientation.
- Our business requires a strong commitment to policy/process compliance. We are looking for someone who is a structural thinker with a strong attention to detail.
- CCP is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Work is performed locally in the office at least three days of the week. One to two days remote work may be considered.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $49,000 - $66,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.