Human Resources (PS&O) Department Coordinator at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of Position: Responsible for providing administrative support to the assigned departments in order to maintain efficient operations. The Department Coordinator is integrated into department initiatives in conjunction with developing, implementing and driving processes across the NCA organization.
- Administers policies, procedures, practices, and systems that ensure legal and effective operation of the employee relations’ function.
- Manage all logistics, scheduling and provide admin support for department meetings and learning initiatives.
- Provides HR support for major projects, such as plant expansions, start-ups, closures, and lay-offs. This includes project management, and the administration of associated processes.
- Works collaboratively with PSO and TA colleagues to provide effective and efficient administrative processes for the department; communications, purchase orders, invoices and miscellaneous department initiatives.
- Supports and manages the implementation of corporation HR process and practices in coordination with HR COE’s.
- Leads the on-boarding initiatives and new-employee training sessions for new hires in the department; serves as the main-point-of-contact for all new employee IT, Mobile Devices, and travel related issues.
- Works with leadership to prepare and plan the budgeting processes for the department.
- Manage the development and maintenance of email distribution lists and Success Factors updates.
- Schedules appointments, monitors changes and cancellations, maintains and updates calendars as needed.
- Responsible for the ongoing management of department SharePoint sites, shared network drives and document management and records retention.
- Draft departmental communications including emails, PowerPoint presentations and Word documents.
- Support projects related to departmental operations as needed.
- Assists with the development and implementation of the corporate / packaging headquarters affirmative action plans.
- Acts as the first point of contact for workers’ compensation issues on the Colorado campus.
- Assists in employee relations functions, including social events and recreational activities on the Colorado campus.
- Works with Colorado campus facilities team to manage departmental requirements.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college
- Job related experience for 4 year(s) minimum. Minimum 3 years Human Resources exeprience
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills and excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Must be attentive to department’s needs, have follow-through, be a self-starter, multitasker and detail orientated with the ability to consistently tie off loose ends and a relatively independent manner.
- Must have the ability to work with considerable independence and be able to make decisions requiring applications of judgement and are non-routine based on the knowledge of policies, procedures, and operating practices including department-specific tasks.
- Must be a team contributor and have the ability to actively support a fast pace team environment.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 60,000 - 90,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 9
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans