Human Resources Manager - Team and Organization Development at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Human Resources Strategic Support Unit develops, retains, rewards and attracts talent needed for the business to attain strategic and operational goals.
Human Resources Manager - Team and Organization Development
This position is a key contributor to the Ball Aerospace talent and organizational development (T&OD) department.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide leadership and functional direction to the Organization Development team by exhibiting behaviors aligned with the tenants of Ball’s Inspire, Connect and Achieve (ICA) leadership model. Some key behaviors for this role include leading in uncertainty, developing talent, providing team direction and collaboration.
- Perform a variety of team + organizational development activities in a lead role as needed.
- Team & organizational development portfolio includes:
- Team engagements
- Organization development interventions
- Strategic proposal and program engagements
- Team + organization level assessments
- Talent review
- Team + organization development plans
- Team coaching
- Change management
- Other strategic group facilitation
- Assess, design, facilitate and evaluate a wide range of team engagements and interventions to improve organization effectiveness.
- Consult and partner with stakeholders, managers, SMEs, HRBPs and T+OD team members on development needs and approaches.
- Identify and evaluate related metrics and goals to continuously improve offerings.
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships across the company.
- Own and run the day-to-day execution and staffing of the team + organizational development portfolio.
- Provide clear direction for staff and proactively coach and develop direct reports.
- Develop team + organizational development processes and tools.
- Share and grow knowledge; research trends and remain current with team and organizational development techniques and methods.
- Conduct both one to one, and group coaching to improve team effectiveness.
- Support other strategic facilitation requests as needed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Training, Business Administration, or Human Resources Management is desired. Master’s in Organizational Development or Organizational Psychology is preferred.
- 10 or more years of experience in a progressive learning and talent development environment; broad HR experience is a plus.
- 2 or more years of people management or lead experience is preferred.
- Track record in designing and delivering client engagements in a variety of subject matter areas, especially conflict resolution, team performance, communication, and collaboration.
- Familiarity with assessment tools and surveys.
- Strong coaching, facilitation, and team building skills.
- Talent Management experience highly preferred (i.e. succession planning).
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication, influence, and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization.
- Customer service orientation and commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards and initiative.
- Detail oriented, highly motivated, and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Avid learner and actively seeks and implements feedback to continuously grow and develop self.
- Willingness to get a Security Clearance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and training tools.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.