Human Resources Generalist
This role is based in Denver and supports the Customer Call Center as well as the Customer Support team in San Francisco. As HR Generalist you are a pivotal member of the People & Culture Team at OpenTable and a member of the Customer Support leadership team providing consistent HR support and excellence to clients and the team.
About Our Role:
- Build trust-based relationships with managers and individual contributors to implement People & Culture initiatives that meet the development objectives of OpenTable.
- Provide consultative advice and support to managers to address employee relations and performance issues, including mitigating risk and managing situations that result in the best possible outcomes for the company, teams, and people.
- Maintain compliance of employee data and files through regular review and audit.
- Actively look at ways to improve the P&C function and contribute to strategic objectives.
- Draft and update policies and letter templates to guarantee adherence to changing employment legislation and practices.
- Responsible for collating information for monthly payroll including sickness and PTO reporting.
- Work with HR Representative on the induction of new hires including presenting at the new starter orientation.
- Ensure that exiting employees are managed appropriately including notifications and conducting exit interviews.
- Work actively with colleagues across the HR function to ensure an integrated approach to HR service delivery.
- Lead and work as part of a team on ad hoc global HR projects.
- Provide specialist support within a specific area – be an SME / take ownership of a particular area within the People & Culture team.
- Experience supporting a Customer Call Center
- Conducting investigations into unethical performance or business practices or finding solutions to people challenges between peers.
- Calibration and holding the teams consistent during the performance review cycles.
- Employee relationship and mentoring on the fly for leaders on how to respond.
- Understanding of environmental factors that could lead to displeased employees and eventually attrition.
- Deep understanding of the leave processes
- Demonstrable experience working as a HR Representative or equivalent in a generalist remit.
- Expert knowledge of current employment legislation and an ability to apply this knowledge to real life employee relations issues – factoring in the varying elements including personality and business appetite
- Ability to build solid relationships with the managers, People & Culture team, cross-functional internal partners and external providers/vendors
- A client service bias, meeting and anticipating client needs.
- Demonstrate persistence in sticky situations and resolving issues with clarity and discretion.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- You bring superb communication skills and serve as an ambassador for the People & Culture team.
- Ability to work independently and be dedicated in a high performance environment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Responsiveness and a focus on quality
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- BA/BS degree or equivalent and qualified in relevant HR qualification e.g. CIPD
About Our Team
The People & Culture Team is in build-mode: we are building our group to deliver great results for our team and our colleagues around the world. We aim for transparency and believe in making the HR fundamentals simple and seamless, and that means having an eye to improving our programs, processes, systems and more. We work collaboratively – a hallmark of OpenTable culture – and we are focused on weaving values, culture and engagement into the fabric of our organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.