Human Resources Consultant
At KPA we are passionate about what we do, how we do and why we do it. Our culture is driven by the KPA core values – Excellence, Agility and Teamwork. Success will be determined by the capabilities, energy and character of the people we bring into our organization and the performance they achieve.
Come join our team of talented professionals and work with a company that appreciates and rewards people who make a difference.
Are you excited by the possibilities that HR software offers for improving workforce management? Do you enjoy managing with clients throughout the post- sale client journey beginning with implementation? Are you an expert on HR compliance and Benefit Administration/Management practices with SHRM or HRCI certification to demonstrate your expertise? Do you enjoy working at a company with a solid vision, strong core values that employees are passionate about, and a consistently-high employee retention rate? If you have a professional, poised and persuasive demeanor; enjoy working with people who are as passionate about what they do as you are about HR and Benefit Management; and are looking for an opportunity to be a part of a well-established and fast-growing company, KPA’s HR Consultant position may be the perfect fit for you!
The HR Consultant is a key member of the HR Management Operations team at KPA. We are looking for an individual who can manage clients throughout the post-sales process including implementation and ongoing account management while providing support on the “Ask the HR Expert” help desk for a variety of HR questions to include benefit administration and management.
This position will assist clients in defining their workforce management practices and assist in configuring the KPA HR Management software (HRDrive) appropriately. You must be able to find creative solutions and be agile in your service delivery. You will be expected to proactively inform clients on progress by phone call and by email, and you must be able to have challenging discussions with clients around their expectations, internal business process change, current software capabilities and HRDrive’s product roadmap. You must be able to deliver effective training on both usage of HRDrive and HR best practices to a diverse audience; both virtually and onsite.
Once implementation is completed you may continue to provide HR Expert Services to assigned clients depending on their selected level of service. These activities may include:
• Quarterly account reviews either virtually or at the client worksite to ensure the software is being optimized and clients are aware of changes to the software or HR regulations
• Onsite and online training on the software or HR best practices.
• Assisting the client with complex workforce management issues including but not limited to harassment investigations, WC claims management, wage and hour audits, FMLA leave management, appropriate ADA accommodations.
The “Ask the HR expert” help desk is a key component of the KPA service model. The questions asked by clients run the gamut from basic wage and hour to complex benefit administration and WC claims management. You will need to be able to use a variety of research tools, consult with your fellow HR consultants and KPA’s legal counsel to answer questions quickly and accurately within KPA published service level agreement. The HR Consultants are the first point of escalation for clients if they need additional HR software or best practices support that the Client Service Center cannot provide.
During the first 30 days, you will:
• Learn the HRDrive software including the document management program and KPA implementation process.
• Begin to answer, “Ask the HR expert calls” under the guidance of senior team members
• Partner with other HR consultants to assist them in virtual or onsite training or quarterly reviews and observe KPA methodology in action.
After the first 60 days, you will be able to:
• Assist in implementation services for clients with less complex setup requirements. Additionally, you will be asked to complete discovery and analysis with client, configure the software, coordinate with third parties and internal resources, execute tasks related to document management and quality assurance, and provide onsite and virtual training sessions. You must complete deliverables on time and in scope, coordinate integration with third parties, monitor and report results.
• Own the customer relationship for assigned clients – function as primary point of contact during implementation, and maintain position as trusted advisor to clients. You may be expected to travel to assigned client’s worksite to complete an annual or bi-annual account management review session or training depending on the client’s selected HR Management program.
• Answer “Ask the HR expert” questions per KPA’s established service level agreement.
After 6 months, you will be able to:
• Assist in the development of enhancements to the implementation process, including new materials, expanded client communications and improved tracking.
• Deliver webinars as part of our ongoing HR educational programs.
• Have completed a minimum of 10 client implementations.
By the end of the first year you will be able to:
• Support business development efforts through proposal development and demonstrations in the role as subject matter expert on HRDrive and HR specific topics.
• Have achieved a 90+% retention rate for all assigned clients, a 100% retention rate for all clients implemented within the year and supported departmental efforts to achieve 85% overall client retention.
• Providing ongoing HR Expert Services to a group of 30-50 clients
• Understand KPA’s complete suite of product offerings, and possess the ability to identify key upselling opportunities as part of your client engagement responsibilities.
• Recent, proven success providing implementation and account management services for a PEO, HRIS, Payroll provider or Benefit Administration provider (Customer Management Software or similar experience also considered).
• Professional Human Resources certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP) or ability to obtain within the first year of employment.
• Able to work with a high level of autonomy within KPA’s established standard operating procedures and service levels.
• Strong practical knowledge of employment and labor laws, workforce management best practices and procedures with the ability to translate this knowledge into effective solutions for clients and accurate answers when staffing the “Ask the HR Expert” help desk.
• Ability to thrive not just survive in a fast-paced agile environment.
• Outstanding entrepreneurial and organizational skills.
• Experience in working with cross-functional internal teams.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing deadlines and priorities
• Outgoing and charismatic, with an ability to assert oneself amongst strong personalities
• Ability to handle difficult situations and challenging discussion with poise and ease.
• A commitment to KPA core values
KPA is a proven SaaS technology partner for corporate compliance and human resource professionals seeking opportunities to raise productivity, control expense, and mitigate financial and reputational risk via business process automation, improved safety and workplace compliance, and better HR practices. With KPA’s proven portfolio of end-to-end solutions and operational best practice clients can unlock opportunities to drive down costs, mitigate risk, and enhance the employee experience at a lower cost than clients can achieve internally.
Founded in 1986, KPA is owned by Providence Equity Partners, a top-tier private-equity company, and is focused on delivering SaaS solutions to the small and mid-size business (“SMB”) markets. KPA is a major competitor in a fragmented $4B market with significant “tail wind” of 10% annual market growth.