Human Resources Assistant III - HR Business Partner Support at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Human Resources Strategic Support Unit develops, retains, rewards and attracts talent needed for the business to attain strategic and operational goals.
Human Resources Assistant III – HR Business Partner Support
Provide general administrative support to the HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and occasionally the Vice President of Human Resources. This individual provides general administrative support with frequent use of technology. Routine exercise of managing simultaneous tasks and handling of highly confidential information is required.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate HRBP meeting agendas, as well as any other meetings, as needed. Schedule conference rooms and prepare technology (WebEx, MS Teams) for meetings.
- Record meeting minutes, track action items, project status and due dates assigned to staff members.
- Assist with department all-hands meetings and events, including agendas, presentation materials and logistics.
- Pull together content for HR department newsletters.
- Develop and enhance PowerPoint presentation slides and produce and maintain Word and Excel documents.
- May assist with drafting correspondence and memoranda as needed.
- Order and maintain office supplies for the HR department.
- Assist with overnight shipping and mailing items for HRBPs as needed.
- Process invoices for payment.
- Arrange travel, where necessary. Coordinate all related details and be responsive when travel changes or emergencies occur. Complete expense reports following travel.
- Take on special projects as needed.
- Provide back-up support to other HR Assistants with various tasks.
- Perform occasional filing for the VP of HR.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the HR Department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company.
- Perform in an open and sometimes stressful environment with many interruptions while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Associate’s, may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- HR experience is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to take initiative.
- Excellent computer skills including the MS Office suite.
- Good written and presentation preparation skills.
- Must be able to handle confidential material and information on a regular basis, maintain discretion and display a high degree of trust and professionalism.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits;
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.71 - $26.44 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.