Human Resource Manager – Colorado Springs at FoodMaven
FoodMaven is an innovative online marketplace and rapid logistics company bringing agility and flexibility to the U.S. food system. The company’s goal is to capture and reclaim revenues from lost food, estimated at $200 billion per year. FoodMaven sells high-quality local and oversupplied food from distributors, manufacturers and producers to restaurants and institutional buyers. With an efficient online marketplace, big data optimization technology, and agile logistics model, FoodMaven is good for profits, good for people and good for the planet.
The Human Resource Manager reports to the Vice President of Finance. This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating human resources activities for the company. The position will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure effective planning and implementation of human resource initiatives to support a high growth organization. In short, this position owns the full range of human resource management.
Successful Candidates will Demonstrate:
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement; Demonstrated experience driving processes improvements and specific skills in Kaizen methodologies preferred
- Strong project management skills; ability to lead projects at a network level to influence and obtain buy-in, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results
- Success in creating and driving effective employee relations, retention and reward programs
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
- A strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously – orientated on results
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering employment contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs in line with the company’s compensation philosophy and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, terminating employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Identify staff vacancies and support hiring managers with recruitment, interviewing and selecting applicants.
- Evaluate and maintain corporate mission, vision, values, and company culture. Survey, measure temperature, and report on general health of culture.
Detailed work activities:
- Administer compensation and benefits program.
- Advise senior leaders on legal or regulatory compliance matters.
- Analyze data to inform personnel decisions.
- Communicate organizational policies and procedures.
- Administer employee training programs.
- Coordinate special events or programs.
- Estimate labor requirements.
- Manage applicant tracking process and systems.
- Maintain personnel records.
- Prepare management reports and reports related to compliance matters.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experience managing across the full spectrum of human resource management
- Minimum of 3 years human resource experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Strong planning and analysis skills
- Effective public speaking skills
- Strong writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- MBA or Masters in related field a plus
- Venture-backed startup experience preferred
- Food system experience a plus
- Demonstrated drive for progressive responsibility and roles in a high profile startup
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Compensation appropriate to position and company stage
- Benefits per company plan
- Equity package commensurate with position and stage of investor backed startup