Human Resource Generalist - Contract at Granicus LLC
At Granicus, our mission is to help bring government and citizens closer together. As a company, Granicus helps empower some of the most creative people in the world who innovate within complex public sector organizations. We are seeking an HR Generalist for a Contract position lasting approximately 4 months. This role is to cover for an employee going out on leave. Working alongside our HR Team, you'll support employees, managers, and executives across multiple functions, with a primary focus on our Sales and Marketing organizations.
At its heart, this position is about helping employees at Granicus be successful, feel supported, and grow professionally and personally in their time with Granicus. The majority of your time will be spent talking to managers and employees to help address performance, resolve employee relations situations, and ensure we're making decisions that are legally sound and in-line with Granicus' values.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, resolve performance and employee relations issues, conduct HR investigations, increase engagement, reduce turnover, and conduct terminations and exit interviews.
- Coach Managers on all aspects of personnel management such as employee development, disciplinary action, terminations, and employee engagement.
- Assist in implementing HR policies, procedures, and programs across the company; helping to maximize usage, recommending impactful changes and helping create sustained solutions to employee challenges.
- Build strong partnerships with leaders across the company, acting as a trusted advisor, expert and resource for all core HR technical competencies such as time and labor laws, leaves of absence, etc.
- Participate in company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal reporting requirements including any related to EEO, AAP, ADA, FMLA, DOL, Worker compensation, etc.
- Demonstrate the highest levels of integrity in handling confidential information
Who you are:
- 3-5 years of experience in an HR Generalist, HR Representative role, or equivalent; preferably having supported Sales and/or Marketing organizations within a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- 1-2 years specifically dealing with Employee Relations, HR investigations, and/or other highly confidential and sensitive employment situations
- Possess foundational knowledge of applicable state and federal regulatory requirements, principles and procedures in human resources; FMLA, ERISA, FLSA, HIPPA, CFRA, OFCCP, and more
- Current HR certification is a plus, i.e. PHR or SHRM-CP, or a desire to attain one
- Outstanding relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to deliver excellent Customer Service in a fast-paced environment with a flexible approach
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and discreetly with extremely confidential information
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization; strong written and oral communication skills