Human Resource Business Partner at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:33 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, May 5, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Help us make aviation history.
We are looking for a Human Resources Business Partner who embodies our core values and can play a critical role in shaping the culture at Boom. As a senior subject matter expert, you will provide both strategic and hands-on support for multiple departments within the organization. We are seeking an experienced HR leader who possesses the business acumen and innovative thinking that will help us scale and thrive. You will serve as a critical partner to other members of our HR team by serving as the voice of the customer for the teams you support and ensuring we have the correct inputs to allow us to build industry leading foundations and practices that the business needs to succeed. This role will require you to roll up your sleeves and engage in a hands-on basis.
- Program Management - Assess organizational capability to achieve business goals, and design and deliver targeted solutions to address gaps
- Change Management - Drive consistent delivery of world class people programs within an assigned client group
- Organizational Development - Partner with and advise leadership on people-related strategy and decisions including organizational design, goal setting, and talent planning
- Employee Engagement - Manage the implementation of the employee engagement survey by working with managers to communicate results to their teams, develop action plans and provide ongoing updates on actions taken
- Leadership Development - Provide leadership development to new and existing managers by conducting leadership orientation with all new managers and monthly leadership education sessions open to all managers.
- Learning & Development - Assess employee development needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions
- Retention - Monitor employee retention on a monthly basis and identify trends and make recommendations to ensure the highest levels of employee engagement
- Performance Management - Coach and guide leaders during the performance improvement process by identifying trends in performance issues in specific teams or groups and proactively proposing solutions to fix underlying issues
- Talent Management - Drive the implementation of a talent roadmap that helps leaders identify, engage, grow and retain talent
- Total Rewards - Ensure consistent application of compensation practices by supporting leaders through annual compensation planning cycles
- Employee Relations - Evaluate, investigate and solve employee relations concerns by coaching managers through employee relations situations, growing their skills to address similar situations in the future.
- Policy & Compliance - Identify policy creation and/or adjustment needs in partnership with the People Operations team
- 10+ years of experience in an HR leadership role with broad knowledge and experience in human resources management
- Strong organizational development background with responsibility for team effectiveness, coaching, and culture
- Experience in assessing, creating and implementing innovative solutions to increase engagement, retention and development
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company and employees alike
- Strong employee relations skills
- Experience helping organizations scale
- Passion for aircraft and for Boom's mission
- This position will require some travel through-out the year
- Salary Range for this position is $140,000- 185,000 base salary and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
- Open paid time-off with flexible work environment
- 100% paid medical benefits for employee
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description