HR Specialist I - HR Generalist at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Human Resources Strategic Support Unit develops, retains, rewards and attracts talent needed for the business to attain strategic and operational goals.
HR Specialist I – HR Generalist
What You’ll Do:
- As a part of, and in coordination with the HR Business Partner team, provide HR support to employees across the organization.
- Be the first line of response for employee questions relating to HR policies, communications, and initiatives. Answer routine benefits questions and direct others to the appropriate party.
- Partner with managers in the business to make recommendations and complete documentation for inline promotions.
- Conduct intake meetings regarding employee inquiries.
- Conduct exit interviews, run reports, and provide recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Partner with HRBP's and the business to facilitate organizational changes in the HR database.
- Run reports and manipulate data as needed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the HR department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a compliant, positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience with SuccessFactors or other HR system preferred.
- Ability to handle sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Strong attention to detail and good follow-up skills.
- Team player mindset and excellent communication and computer skills.
- Ability to successfully partner and maintain a high level of credibility with Human Resources and other functions.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $50,000 - $67,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.