HR Generalist / People Partner II at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The People Partner II role based in our Cincinnati, Ohio office is a part of our larger People Direct team. Our team meets regularly to collaborate, empower, and learn from each other. We all bring unique strengths and support one another to the fullest.
What you will be doing
- Counseling and assisting departments and managers on staff training and development, job assignments, performance appraisals, compensation reviews, disciplinary actions and promotions/transfers.
- Communicating company and HR policies and procedures to employees and managers.
- Investigating employee issues by interviewing all parties involved, researching documentation and obtaining relevant information from members of management.
- Listening to employee complaints/concerns and determines appropriate action.
- Ensuring all locations remain in compliance with applicable laws.
- Preparing various reports by collecting data from source documents, entering into spreadsheet software and/or performing statistical analyses to aid management in decision making.
- Providing managers with HR guidance and support for performance and salary review processes.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 3 or more years of experience in employee relations
- Excellent understanding of HR practices and procedures
- Requires knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA) regulations, related labor laws and employment laws affecting the workplace
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Strong organizational, problem solving and oral and written communications skills
- Skilled in working with employee issues
- Ability to handle stressful situations, manage multiple deadlines, work on moderate to complex projects and objectively evaluate information gathered
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management and clients
Added bonus if you have:
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred, however not required
- Experience with call-center or non-exempt populations
What we offer you
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.