HR Business Partner at HomeAdvisor
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
How we'll keep you busy:
As a vital part of HR team, you’ll be responsible for directly supporting approximately 400 employees within Sales organization. You’ll work with the HomeAdvisor HR team in our other offices and will have opportunities to take on additional projects as needed. At HomeAdvisor, our HR team is responsible for making decisions that mitigate risk for the company, for supporting our employees, and for partnering with business management to help HomeAdvisor continue to be a Top Workplace. Responsibilities will include:
- Meet with employees as needed to discuss complaints, issues, and answer questions
- Conduct exit interviews with resigning employees, and provide written feedback to management
- Review and audit employee files for compliance with policies and procedures
- Review and approve terminations, ensuring all documentation is complete and our decisions are consistent
- Complete unemployment claims and attend hearings as needed
- Administer and manage medical leave under Short Term Disability and the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Facilitate HR training and other projects as needed for management
What we'll be looking for in the ideal candidate:
- At least 2-4 years of experience as a HR Business Partner, preferably in fast-paced and high growth environment.
- Strong working knowledge of employment laws and HR best practices and practical application in the workplace (preferably a call center environment).
- Ability to make personnel hiring/firing decisions in accordance with laws and best practices, ensuring that the decisions are in the best interests of the company and mitigate risk.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, which encompasses solid grammar skills, excellent listening skills, and the ability to communicate effectively through phone, in-person, and electronic communications.
- Strong computer aptitude, with strong knowledge around the MS Office Suite, including Outlook, internet searching, and web-based applications, as well as the ability to learn new software quickly.
- A go-getter mentality, with a professional, positive, energetic attitude and a desire to go above and beyond given project parameters.
- The ability to handle multiple concurrent projects, to keep the information organized, and to learn on the fly to keep up with the lightning speed of our environment.
- A commitment to top-notch customer service, follow-through, and professionalism.
- Ability to quickly build relationships and trust with colleagues and maintain confidentiality.
It’s highly imperative that you’re flexible, able to work independently, and communicate to your management team. The ability to stay organized, keep to a schedule, and stay on top of administrative duties related to this role (documentation of HR conversations, FML and disability paperwork) will be absolutely necessary to be successful in this job.
Our environment is flexible and fun-loving, but we move fast, have a lot to do, and are passionate about our work. We want you to work hard and have fun, and we have a strong commitment to a work/life balance. Check us out to see if HomeAdvisor is the right place for you!