HR Business Partner
Please review the job details below.
Maxar Technologies and DigitalGlobe are both looking for HRBP leaders in their Westminster, CO office. While the function of each job is similar, the differences are called out at the bottom of the this description. DigitalGlobe is a business unit of Maxar Technologies.
The HR Business Partner integrates themselves into their organization, supporting an assigned client group, as the main point of contact to Human Resources. The HR Business Partner works to help shape business strategy and drive greater business value through the people of the organization. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to defining a strategic people agenda, organizational development, performance management, coaching, succession planning, engagement and retention, job architecture, workforce planning, compensation planning, employee relations management and supporting transactions as well as reporting on HR business results. The HR Business Partner typically will support several areas including both operations and corporate functions.
- Diagnoses organizational issues and collaborates with leaders on solutions.
- Provides coaching to leaders and team members and partners with management on resolution of business challenges
- Ability to work across all levels of the organization in a matrixed, team environment
- Skilled in team OD and OE facilitation
- Ensures adherence to company policy and procedure and employment law
- Partners with team members and management to communicate and interpret Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations
- Works with managers to proactively manage team member performance and employee relations issues
- In collaboration with other HR functions, may create programs specific to client group and/or share ideas/programs in the successful implementation and communication of corporate policies, processes and initiatives related to human resources, organizational and employee development at the business unit or corporate level
- Works closely with Finance on headcount planning and monitoring and drives workforce planning efforts for assigned client groups
- Participates in executive staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. May co-facilitate off-sites or team sessions
- Based on the business strategy, works with Business Partners to identify, design, and implement appropriate organizational structures and key capabilities required to achieve business objectives
- Supports the Performance Management cycle for their assigned departments including reviews, compensation, bonuses, development planning, and employee retention strategies
- Ability to use data analytics from business information, to extract insight from analysis and translate the impact of HR solutions via measurable results
- Maintains a constant pulse on team member engagement and culture activities, assisting assigned client groups with action plans for continuous improvement
- Supports culture change initiatives and establishes key change management strategies for business-related events impacting the workforce
- Conducts exit interviews, shares information and highlights opportunities for improvement
- Identifies retention risks and makes recommendations for retention
- Additional projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field required; advanced degree a plus
- Depending on the level, there is a requirement of either 7 or 10 years' progressive experience in multiple human resource disciplines, including talent management, talent acquisition, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Minimum of 5 years' experience resolving employee relations issues and business partnering experience
- Proven track record of building and managing strong collaborative relationships
- Proven experience supporting senior leaders on strategic initiatives
- Ability and willingness to balance client group needs with implementing and participating in corporate initiatives.
- Ability to interact, influence and negotiate with a variety of internal clients (some at the Executive level), delivering thoughtful advice and effective strategic thinking is needed for success in this role.
- Experience in an engineering or high tech industry
- HR certification is a plus, PHR, SPHR, and/or GPHR
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with strong executive presence
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task while working at a fast pace
- Strong facilitation skills, with some experience delivering leadership development solutions
- Demonstrated team player with the leadership skills to build teams and consensus to support business initiatives
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication, and leadership skills.
- People management experience preferred
Additional Information & Requirements
- Position will be primarily in Westminster, Colorado and 1 to 2 days a week in Longmont, Colorado
- Possibility of 10% business travel
- Flexibility to travel between locations to help support client needs is required
- The ability to receive Secret clearance may be required in the future
- Experience supporting global businesses from an HRBP perspective
- Experience with corporate shared services and M&A activity
- Position will primarily be in Westminster, Colorado with limited business travel
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.