HR Business Partner III - Employee Relations Specialist at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 should it be reinstated.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Human Resources Strategic Support Unit develops, retains, rewards and attracts talent needed for the business to attain strategic and operational goals.
HR Business Partner III - Employee Relations Specialist
What You’ll Do:
- Be a part of a dynamic HR team that works together closely to build culture, drive outcomes in the best interest of the business and enable our employees to be their best.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships, influencing and challenging the senior management team on the development and delivery of HR strategies and initiatives.
- Provide training and guidance for management and employees regarding personnel issues and disciplinary procedures, conduct investigations, coordinate employee changes and conduct exit interviews for terminating employees. The position will effectively interface with employees, all levels of management, and the functional HR team.
- Affirm a performance management culture within the assigned business areas.
- Provide support on the design, development, implementation and communication of HR initiatives in support of HR strategies and ensure compliance with applicable company policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Drive, influence, advise and support the cultural and people aspects of organizational change, structures, people processes and best practice initiatives.
- Execute on established programs during defined timeframes and be able to diagnose areas for improvement within client groups.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Exemplify Diversity and Inclusion and maintain an environment that emphasizes employee engagement.
- Have fun solving problems and be a part of a rapidly expanding business in the Aerospace, Defense and Technology industry.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA degree in a related field plus 4 or more years of related experience is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- A highly developed understanding of HR practices and employment laws.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Experience in writing and interpreting HR policies required.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, employee relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Must have great attention to detail, good follow-up skills and must be able to use initiative when presenting solutions to management.
- Relevant industry experience and/or government contractor experience is a plus.
- Experience with diversity and inclusion activities is a plus.
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong conflict management and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed and motivated. Must be able to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Must be a strong team player and able to work with consensus decision making.
- Must be able to accomplish goals and objectives through influence and persuasion as opposed to line authority.
- Must have excellent computer skills such as Word, Excel, Windows, HRIS experience, etc.
- Must use initiative when problem solving with minimal supervision, professionally handle confidential material and information, maintain discretion and display a high degree of trust.
- Ability to successfully partner with other Human Resources functions (Talent Acquisition, Talent & Organizational Development, Compensation, etc.).
Flexible On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site for three or more days per work week. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $73,500 - $99,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.