Gusto is a company that seeks to create a world where work empowers a better life. Founded to serve the millions of small businesses in the US, and the millions of employees that these businesses employ, we create a People Platform so that every company can create an environment where people can do their best and be their best.
Gusto’s People team is growing and scaling with the company! As our business scales and becomes more complex, and as we add hundreds of new Gusties each year, we need to ensure that our strategies for engagement with our employees are positive, engaging, values-driven and compliant.
Our Opportunity: As a People Partner, you will drive people strategies and solutions for Gusto’s Biz organization: Our Sales, Customer Experience, Marketing and Insights & Operations teams. You’ll support our Chief Operating Officer as a key strategic partner. You’ll build a team of people partners to support the COO’s leadership team.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Diagnose, translate, and define current and future business needs into an overall integrated People/Talent Plan for the Biz organization and major sub-organizations.
- As a People Partner, serve as a change agent and member of the Biz leadership team to help drive strategic growth plans and objectives across the organization.
- Provide organizational development interventions and support including organization design, development solutions, leadership coaching, and proactive change management.
- Engage in strategic workforce planning by assessing organizational capabilities; identify competency and talent gaps, ensure development of people resources; and introduce succession planning.
- Initiate and maintain effective communications with Biz leadership and employees; provide coaching and guidance on matters related to performance management, offer feedback on style and behaviors to improve employee productivity and engagement.
- Build strong partnerships across the People team roles and functions (Invite, Talent Development, Compensation and Benefits) as well as operate as part of a larger People Partner team to create a consistent Gustie experience.
- Lead the Biz organization to achieve its People objectives, including attracting, hiring and onboading great talent, developing and retaining Biz Gusties, and achieving our goals around representation and inclusion.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 10+ years operating as an HR Business Partner/People Partner in a large to mid-size tech company.
- You’ve worked in strategy consulting, focused on People leadership, organizational development and design, and People operations engagements.
- Experience working in tech and/or a startup environment is highly preferred.
- Experience in high growth organizations is required.
- Experience working with executive leadership is required.
- Strong executive presence, proven ability to influence and coach leaders, and exceptional interpersonal skills are key.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly and concisely communicate to employees of all levels effectively.
- Strategic thinking and ability to translate strategy into plans for execution.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and competing priorities with a sense of urgency and the ability to pivot quickly based on changing needs of the business.
- Significant experience with workforce analytics plus the ability to use data and reporting to drive strategic decisions.
- A proven track record of developing and leading organizational change initiatives that deliver real business results.
- Agility, ability to thrive in ambiguity, and excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to travel between Gusto sites as dictated by business needs (estimated 25-50%).
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s degree; an MBA or MS in HR Management is a plus.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Read Full Job Description