Head of People Analytics
Head of People Analytics
We believe in providing people with everything they need to do their best work, and are looking for a leader to build a new team and function that leverages data insights to build and improve existing recruiting, development and talent programs. With a focus on excellent client service, you’ll work across various sources to transform people data into talent-related insights, experiments and programs.
The People team at Gusto focuses on developing a positive employee experience that empowers people to do the best work of their lives. We aspire to craft an environment that inspires and enables Gusto to go beyond what is thought possible. We think holistically and are encouraged by a supportive leadership team. You’ll be a true leader in the organization with a high level of responsibility. As a key member of the People Team, you will play a critical role in helping us build a diverse and inclusive team which is key to our growth and success as a company.
The position is full-time and based in either San Francisco or Denver.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Be a strategic and decision-making partner to People leadership, including our Head of People
- Uplevel our employee journey through data and thoughtful interpretation of findings
- Use data to build people strategies, powered by compelling messaging that ultimately drive meaningful and positive change for our people programs
- Measure external inputs to help us understand our employer brand and to help attract the talent we need to succeed
- Serve as an internal consultant on people matters to cross-functional stakeholders
- Partner across the People team to propose and build analytics improvements and automation
- Help maintain high data integrity as a member of various cross-functional teams
- Where applicable, help inform Gusto’s product development as a people platform
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 8+ years of analyst experience within HR, People Analytics, or a related department, focused on people programs
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-performance environment where the business is constantly evolving
- Deep aptitude in excel, data collection, and data visualization skills
- Experience building dashboards and automating reports
- Strong communication skills paired with attention to detail and the ability to multitask across multiple projects
- Ability to think critically, anticipate issues, and proactively suggest solutions
- Self-starter who can work in an unstructured environment and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Bachelor degree preferred
- SQL experience a plus
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.