Head of Executive Talent
Guild is hiring a Head of Executive Talent to help set the vision, strategy and roadmap for our executive talent acquisition function. Our ideal candidate is a natural relationship builder who is passionate about sourcing, attracting, and placing extraordinary leadership talent; and germinating a strong network of leaders outside of Guild. We’re looking for a talent leader to help us continue to scale at pace one of the fastest growing startups in the nation.
As head of executive talent, you will:
- Design executive recruiting strategies to attract, evaluate and hire world-class leadership talent in our Denver office and beyond.
- Work closely with executive-level hiring managers to understand and help shape their talent needs.
- Develop a deep understanding of the candidate’s leadership style, personal background, professional history, and specific fit to the Company and to particular role(s).
- Manage the end-to-end executive recruiting process, including partnering with hiring managers on role specifications, establishing and executing sourcing strategies, managing the interview process, assessing candidates' skills, experiences and competencies, and completing offer discussions.
- Promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace and drive programs (e.g. sourcing and selection) that ensure executive recruiting strategies attract candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Oversee and ensure leaders have an excellent candidate experience regardless of the outcome of the process.
- Maintain an executive talent pipeline with potential candidates and past applicants for future Guild needs, including hiring, advisory board membership, and partnerships.
- Manage a mix of recruiters and external firms aligned to different executive searches.
- Ensure candidates experience positive on-boarding to Guild.
Play a role in facilitating an excellent leadership on-boarding experience. You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years of proven experience recruiting executive-level talent.
- Exceptional relationship management skills and a desire to develop and nurture leaders in the market.
- Excellent judgment and presence and the ability to interface effectively with senior executives both within and outside of Guild.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, making both strategic and tactical decisions to navigate sensitive or confidential issues.
- The ability to balance and deliver on multiple, competing priorities and projects at the same time.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, and communication skills. Proven ability to support innovation and change.
- Direct recruiting experience in a software or SaaS company, preferably a consumer product organization and experience working within a professional services environment.
- Strong track record solving complex problems, designing creative strategies, and delivering significant hiring impact for a business.
- Comprehensive behavioral based interviewing and candidate assessment skills is desirable.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.