Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the role:
Robinhood is seeking a Head of Equity, Diversity & Belonging (ED&B), who will build, champion, promote, and guide the Company’s equity and belonging strategies and diversity initiatives in a way that is unique and authentic to Robinhood. The Head of ED&B will report to the Head of Human Resources and partner directly with employees and executive leadership, with especially close collaboration with the People Leadership Team. This role is integral to helping Robinhood achieve our mission - to Democratize Finance for All - as we must build and foster a company that reflects the communities we serve.
In this role, you will be a strategist, a content expert, a collaborative partner with senior leadership team members and committees, and a disruptor, as you think through how to best weave equity, diversity, and belonging into the fabric of all the organization’s efforts. You will help Robinhood think differently about how we approach equity, diversity, and belonging, break industry stereotypes and assumptions, and have the courage to address this problem in a revolutionary way. It’s a long-term journey that won’t happen overnight, however deliberate focus and continuous progress will lead us towards our desired future.What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Building, driving and executing a holistic Equity, Diversity, & Belonging (ED&B) strategy and multi-year roadmap. Delivering programs and leadership that ensure Robinhood continues to seek, retain, value and develop people who represent the diversity of the world we live in, and that we build a company where everyone belongs.
- Providing a framework for guiding the implementation of our overall ED&B strategy and operational mechanisms, including: governance structure, principles, processes, and program management to support leadership accountability
- Measuring and reporting on the impact of the strategy to generate insights and ensure effectiveness of ED&B efforts and identifying opportunities to accelerate progress further
- Leading and continuing to build an exceptional ED&B team by hiring, enabling, and developing high impact team members who are innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers, action-oriented, and passionate about making a difference
- Engaging as an active member of the People leadership team, given the degree of collaboration between your function and those of our People organization
- Working closely with our senior leaders, hiring managers, and the Recruiting team to help build effective sourcing and selection strategies and practices, along with progressive and data driven ways to develop our diverse community of talent
- Partnering with the Benchmarking and Biz Ops teams as well as with senior leaders and HR Business Partners across: finance, engineering, product, operations, to develop metrics driven and organization-specific plans for advancing ED&B goals, relative to the challenges and opportunities faced by each organization
- Engaging and networking with the broader tech and finance communities to learn, innovate, lead and partner on matters of ED&B
- Identifying and partnering, in collaboration with key People team stakeholders, with internal and external diversity partners, organizations, and events aligned with our ED&B strategy and goals
- Collaborating across People teams to build fair and equitable people practices across the entire talent lifecycle and build inclusion capabilities in every leader, manager and team member.
- Partnering strongly with Robinhood’s Employee Resource Groups, ensuring their impact and effectiveness across the organization, and culture
- Driving the content to tell our story internally and externally, working with our Communications partners and Marketing on our ED&B global brand strategy and messaging
- Owning and driving, in collaboration with key People team stakeholders, external partnerships that help us achieve our ED&B goals
- Consulting with executives, leaders and key partners across the organization to offer thought leadership and practical problem solving needed to advance our I&D goals
- Bachelor's degree in social justice, organizational development, education, business, sociology, public administration or other related field required; Advanced degree is a plus
- 10+ years of experience working in Equity, Diversity & Belonging in either a leadership capacity or as a core part of role with demonstrated subject matter expertise
- 5+ years of people management experience; Lead by example as a people manager, hiring great talent, inspiring your teams, developing potential, and creating opportunities for your team members to shine
- In-depth knowledge of issues of access, inclusion, diversity, equity and multiculturalism in business settings
- Extensive experience leading complex projects related to Equity, Diversity and Belonging in a technical industry
- Successful track record with scaling and delivering ED&B programs and plans in partnership with cross-functional teams in support of the ED&B vision and overarching strategy
- Strategic vision and executive acumen, change management expertise and will, persuasive communication abilities, effective relationship building across a variety of diversity dimensions
- Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data with focus on information conversion and prioritized planning and execution
- Proven ability to help us quickly create a common language and understanding of equity and belonging at Robinhood with a core set of tools and programs developed to close identified gaps
- Systems thinker with demonstrated experience leading significant change processes effectively and efficiently both in the short-term and long-term for an outcome over time
- Track record of being able to work effectively in a high-paced, ambiguous, fast growing environment
- Comfortable to fail and experiment, conduct retrospectives, and harness learnings to shape actions
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to flex from the strategic level to detailed operational excellence
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.