Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, who will play a leadership role in shepherding our journey in becoming a truly diverse, equitable and inclusive company. We are excited about this work as it aligns with our mission focused, double-bottom line business model, and certified B-Corp and Public Benefit Corp status. We understand that meeting this vision requires sustained effort over time and participation across the company, at all levels, and within all communities. We have organized ourselves in line with this thinking, creating ERGs, a DEI Council, business-unit-centric committees, and adding significantly to staff and resources that will directly impact this work, and now we’re looking for a leader to tie this all together.
In this role, you will be responsible for the program, process, policy and product delivery with the goal of driving sustainable change at scale. You will co-create the company’s diversity and inclusion goals and will scale and deliver programs in multiple formats leveraging what exists while also building out new programs and initiatives. You will play a critical role in shaping and executing our external Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategies for key partners in our employer and academic ecosystems. And you will measure and communicate results against commitments to ensure meaningful progress.
- Serve as an DEI subject matter expert to support Guild leaders and teams, giving perspective, insights, and knowledge in a consultative manner to stakeholders across the business including: our leadership team, managers, individual contributors, ERG leads, and more.
- Partner with our People Team stakeholder groups (including talent acquisition, learning and organizational development, communications, business partners, Total Rewards) to develop programs that support actions and create a lasting and equitable professional work environment for all. Collaborate across the People teams to build fair and equitable people practices across the entire talent lifecycle and build inclusion capabilities in every leader, manager and team member.
- Own or participate in the ideation, coordination, administration, and program management of all DEI programs, including: people programs, learning content, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), recruiting programs, talent programs, and serve as the subject matter expert on DEI for all external programs in partnership with the teams that support our employer partners, our learning marketplace, and our students.
- Measure, track and analyze the effectiveness of DEI strategy and programs and develop appropriate action plans.
- Use people analytics and sentiment analysis to make recommendations on Guild’s goals and objectives. On a regular basis, review workforce demographic data for prospective and current employees with leaders to ensure accountability as well as to monitor DEI program success and opportunities.
- Drive the content and approach to share our DEI strategies internally and externally, in partnerships with our communications team.
- Lead outreach efforts with organizations who we may partner with as it relates to DEI strategies in areas including recruitment, our learning agenda and internal engagement.
- Enhance our authentic and innovative culture across all departments to continuously improve inclusion and belonging practices and programs
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience working on internal and external DEI strategies, related to company operations but also to broader company strategies, mirroring our work with employers and academic partners
- Demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into executable strategy and driving cross-functional teams to deliver against a plan.
- Experience working closely with senior-level leaders.
- Excellence in public speaking and presentation.
- Experience translating data and analytics to develop insights, telling stories, driving decisions and measuring impact.
- Demonstrated ability to influence a broad group of stakeholders, partners and senior leaders - without direct authority, including at the C-level
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $150,000-$200,000 and bonus eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth