People choose to start, run and work at small businesses to make a difference and have a positive impact. Small business owners and managers cite a set of common challenges that stand in their way of achieving that impact fully: hiring, paying, and taking care of their teams. And employees face real and daunting questions around payroll taxes, health insurance, and making sense of retirement and college saving options.
Gusto is here to help businesses and their employees navigate these challenges and every other that has to do with creating great places to work. Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. We do this through software.
Gusto has built the first modern all-in-one people platform, bringing together Payroll, Benefits, HR and Employee Onboarding under one roof. We are using modern software and design to disrupt entrenched legacy players such as ADP, which has a $50B market cap and was founded in 1949. We are growing faster than any other company in our space. In 5 years, we are already serving over 1% of small businesses (over 60,000k and growing) in the US. (It took ADP over 12 years to get to just 200 clients in 1961).
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Employee Relations. Support our Gusties and leaders (what we call our Gusto employees) on all employee relations matters, misconduct investigations, providing coaching, job accommodation requests, training and support as needed.
- Offboarding and exit processes. Assist with exit interviews, severance agreements, and all other offboarding processes for departing Gusties.
- Data Analysis and Dashboard Management: Help craft and manage people data from multiple sources in a way that is easy to understand and use.
- Leadership Coaching. Performance management practices.
- Special projects as needed (contractor conversions, policy creation, training, etc).
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience. You have 5-10 years of relevant HR experience, preferably in the technology industry.
- Knowledge. You’ve earned a Bachelor’s degree and have your PHR or SHRM-CP (or ability to obtain).
- Passion. You have a strong passion for Employee Relations and Diversity & Belonging.
- Written and Verbal Communication: You effectively communicate with Gusties at all levels.
- Analytical Skills: You can identify key data sources and can create data-driven insights about important People metrics to inform business decisions.
- Relationship Builder: You build relationships and work well across areas in Gusto.
- Team Experience: You have experience in a collaborative team environment with shared goals and responsibilities.
- Time and Project Management: You can juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously with the help of strong organizational skills, attention to detail and proactive planning.
- Business Acumen: You are able to understand business operations as well as basic accounting, finance, management principles.
- Good Judgment: You have demonstrated prudent judgment when making important decisions by utilizing knowledge of industry best practices and current trends.
- Influential: You can compel and persuade individuals or teams using empathy and demonstrating sensitivity to the need of every individual to be treated with respect and fairness.
- HR Knowledge: General knowledge of the principles and practices of human resource administration; working knowledge of the Workday or other HRIS software application/products.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.