Some roles may be remote (as stated in the Job Title). Remote roles can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring an Employee Relations Director. We are looking for a subject matter authority and thought leader to create a vision, strategy and clear direction in the development and ongoing execution of the Employee Relations Function for Guild. This is an exciting opportunity to build a new function within Guild and have full oversight of the responsibilities.Responsibilities:
- Build, implement, and manage a best in class employee relations function by using industry best practices, Guild’s current and future culture objectives, and optimizing for consistency, equity, and scale.
- Serve as the main point of contact for leaders and employees on employee relations issues, providing advice, advocacy, support, and resolution while handling risk and maintaining compliance with regulatory/legal requirements and company policies/procedures.
- Lead effective, detailed and objective investigations and provide recommendations for action.
- Ensure a fair and consistent approach to the organization’s policies and procedures, thus promoting a positive and equitable work environment consistent with company culture.
- Provide expertise to support the development, design, implementation and administration of employee programs, practices and policies to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Lead Quarterly Respectful Workplace training.
- Analyze, diagnose, design, and revise people programs, policies, and practices to sustain positive employee relations.
- Partner and mentor managers on handling sophisticated and sensitive workplace matters, managing conflict, investigations.
- Provide mentorship for managers on remedy and prevention of employee relations issues, inclusion, and other topics related to workplace effectiveness.
- Analyze employee relations trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Conduct employee exit interviews; identify trends and reviews with People Business Partners and Executive Leadership.
- Provide guidance to the People Business Partner team on performance improvement plans as needed.
- 8+ years of HR experience, 3+ in Employee Relations
- Proven track record to assess situations and create innovative solutions
- Prior experience building and implementing employee relations foundational processes in a highly sophisticated and matrixed organization
- Thorough knowledge of applicable state and federal laws
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and influence leaders up to an Executive level
- Ability to work in a fast paced and vibrant environment
- Ability to partner with HR and legal teams to effectively manage all types of employee relations cases
- Demonstrable skills working with cross-functional partners both internally and externally
- Excellent coaching, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills, including stellar communication, collaboration, case handling, and project management
- Experience with a variety of issues such as harassment, discrimination, workplace violence, ethical issues, etc.
- Business and people acumen, knowledge of consulting frameworks and models, and ability to influence employees and managers at all levels
- Ability to be highly empathetic and comfort and experience dealing with ambiguity, change, and ambitious problems
- Strong diversity and inclusion acumen
- Excellent judgment and follow-up
- People focused with a positive attitude
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Open to change and calm under pressure
- Is motivated and results oriented
- Is honest and has strong moral principles
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $140,000 - $173,750, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.