For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring an Employee Relations Director. We are looking for a subject matter authority and thought leader to create a vision, strategy and clear direction in the development and ongoing execution of the Employee Relations Function for Guild. The ideal candidate will contribute with both hands-on and strategic support of our people managers through performance management, coaching, and workplace conflict issues to cultivate an innovative, high-performing, and inclusive culture. This is an exciting opportunity to build a new function within Guild and have full oversight of the responsibilities.Responsibilities:
- Build, implement, and manage a best in class employee relations function by using industry best practices, Guild’s current and future culture objectives, and optimizing for consistency, equity, and scale.
- Serve as the main point of contact for leaders and employees on employee relations issues, providing mentorship, advice, advocacy, support, and resolution while handling risk and maintaining compliance with regulatory/legal requirements and company policies/procedures.
- Provide Employee Relations support, thought partnership, and coaching for employees and all levels of management in the organization.
- Lead effective, detailed and objective investigations and provide recommendations for action.
- Conduct employee exit interviews; identify trends and reviews with People Business Partners and Executive Leadership.
- Ensure a fair and consistent approach to the organization’s policies and procedures, thus promoting a positive and equitable work environment consistent with company culture.
- Provide expertise to support the development, design, implementation and administration of employee programs, practices and policies to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Lead Quarterly Respectful Workplace training.
- Analyze, diagnose, design, and revise people programs, policies, and practices to sustain positive employee relations.
- Analyze employee relations trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Integrate and partner with HR colleagues in the HR Business Partner, Legal, Learning & Development, Total Rewards, and HR Center of Excellence teams to implement solutions and help scale the business.
- Provide mentorship to the People Business Partner team on performance improvement plans as needed.
- 8+ years of progressive HR experience, 3+ in Employee Relations
- Prior experience building and implementing employee relations foundational processes in a highly sophisticated and matrixed organization
- Thorough knowledge of applicable state and federal laws
- Strong diversity and inclusion competence and passion for the integration of DEI practices in ER
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity
- Proven track record of assessing situations and creating innovative solutions
- Proven ability to partner alongside of and influence leaders up to an Executive level. Experience partnering with HR and legal teams to optimally manage all types of employee relations cases
- Demonstrable skills working with cross-functional partners both internally and externally
- Ability to work in a fast paced and vibrant environment
- Excellent coaching, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills, including stellar communication, empathy, collaboration, case handling, and project management
- Experience with a variety of issues such as harassment, discrimination, workplace violence, ethical issues, etc.
- Business and people acumen, knowledge of consulting frameworks and models, and ability to influence employees and managers at all levels
- Excellent judgment and follow-up
- People focused with a positive attitude
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Open to change and calm under pressure
- Is motivated and results oriented
- Is honest and has strong moral principles
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $140,000 - $173,750, as well as company stock options.LI-JG1
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.