Director of Talent at SonderMind
SonderMind is looking to hire a Director of Talent to support our growth. In this role, you will be responsible for Talent and Organizational Development, including recruiting, professional development programs, talent analytics, competency development, diversity and inclusion, workforce planning, and all things talent. You will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer, and will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, executive team, and the broader company in driving our hiring strategy and processes forward.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate, you have experience leading the recruiting function in a high growth environment.You are a strong communicator, and know how to make the complex simple. You thrive on coaching, mentoring, and supporting other’s successes. You are passionate about recruiting, and can bring best practices to the team.
- Build and lead a high performing Talent Team that advises and supports managers on their talent strategy. Lead the current team and continue to build and evolve the team to support the company’s rapid growth.
- Drive continuous improvement across the team in the areas of processes, systems, and workflow.
- Develop talent metrics to understand and manage the talent pipeline, and to support decisions on sourcing, hiring, and filling positions. Manage the talent pipeline from sourcing through onboarding into SonderMind. And to determine a way to measure the impact of talent on value creation.
- Develop learning and development programs for managers and employees to ensure our talent approach and processes are supporting candidates from all backgrounds.
- Develop and implement SonderMind’s core competencies model, to ensure candidates and employees alike are objectively evaluated based on core competencies and their impact on SonderMind’s KPI’s.
- Lead cross-functional working groups focused on strategic talent projects and initiatives
- Build a world class talent team that has outsized company impact. Ensure the team’s goals support the short-term needs of the business while also planning for the long-term growth of the company.
- In partnership with the executive team and hiring managers across the company build a pipeline of talent that is best in class and supports SonderMind in achieving its goals.
- Ensure talent metrics, including funnel, time to hire, and candidate experience are best in class for the industry. Support the broader organization in hitting company targets for growth. Ensure the hiring targets (both the number of people hired and the associated personnel costs) are met. This means being on target in terms of the number of people hired, the cost to hire, benefits, and discretionary costs. Ensure personnel costs are +/- 5% of budget.
- A positive attitude and a passion to learn.
- You understand that everything you do impacts our candidates and internal client groups; and come from a place of wanting to make the process a delightful experience for both candidates and hiring managers.
- Ability to define and fill searches across a myriad of levels and functions, including the ability to source talent across multiple channels in order to deliver top talent to hiring managers.
- Know-how to make the complex simple: a proven track record of taking complicated problems or complex projects and making them clear and simple.
- An analytical mindset, the ability to use data to make decisions; particularly in the area of talent acquisition and management.
- An eye for scalable solutions and a passion for technology and automation - you are always exploring new systems solutions for you and your team in pursuit of increased efficiency and effectiveness. Solve for the long term.
- Humble, self-aware, trustworthy, you treasure great colleagues and relationships and are committed to nurturing the culture of the team and company.
- No task is too small, and you keep cool under pressure when work volume is high.
- Ability to adapt and adjust quickly: Demonstrated ability to work within and be successful in a high-growth environment; knows what it means to scale teams, people, and organizations while also delivering against stated objectives and goals.
- Experience building out a recruiting team in a VC-backed, high growth company.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead high-performing teams.
- 10+ years of recruiting or search experience.
Nice to Have
- Industry experience in mental health or healthcare more broadly.
- Experience leading, managing, and working on company-wide diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- This role is located in Denver, CO and is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary is $150,000. Actual compensation and title will commensurate with experience and skills.
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.