Pie Insurance raises an additional $118M in funding
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding
Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
This role will ideally work in our downtown Denver office, but we will consider this role for continued remote work within the United States once our offices reopen with up to 20% travel to Denver and/or DC
How You’ll Do It
As the Director of People Operations (People Ops) reporting to the VP, People & Talent, you will build and lead Pie’s People Ops team as we scale to support significant organizational growth. The Director of People Ops will lead and continue to develop our People Partner and operational functions while building out Total Rewards, Performance & Development and Culture & Engagement centers of excellence.
As a Pie culture champion, you will create an outstanding experience for our team members by designing and implementing people programs, systems and processes that scale and drive organizational performance. As a Director, you support team members to hone and exercise their best judgment and make rapid progress towards goals. Pie is a data-driven business, so you will lean into leveraging technology and intelligent learning to deliver increasingly better outcomes for the business.
To be successful in this role, you must have program design and change management experience and are comfortable thinking creatively and testing out new ideas in a rapidly changing environment. You will be a strategic thinker both inside and out of the People Operations team, working cross-functionally with other teams and thinking through how our People philosophy translates Pie-wide across teams and initiatives.
- Work closely with the VP, People and Talent teams to develop, implement, and continue to iterate on foundational People Ops programs. This includes but is not limited to directly managing or overseeing core people processes and procedures, compensation and benefits, performance engagement, learning and development, team member experience, compliance, leave management and new hire onboarding.
- Develop data-driven, growth-oriented, and best practice-driven business cases for implementing new or updating existing People and Talent tools, policies, processes, and programs that will effectively support a rapidly scaling organization.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to embed People strategies, policies and best practices across tools and spaces.
- Act with urgency and proactively manage expectations when responding to inquiries and requests for assistance from leaders, team members, People and Talent team members, and our Finance, IT and Legal partners.
- Serve as Pie’s subject matter expert on all matters related to People and Talent compliance while partnering with Pie’s Legal and Compliance team, including our General Counsel, to ensure we operate in a way that both mitigates risk for Pie and upholds our values and culture.
- Support fellow team members in developing their knowledge and expertise in the above areas by investing time with them and freely sharing your own.
The Right Stuff
- 10 or more years of total experience with 8 or more years of experience in human resources (HR), people operations and talent development is required.
- Prior experience leading teams with full people management responsibility is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience implementing and working with HRIS, performance & engagement, learning & development and/or compensation & benefits management tools required. Experience with Namely, Workday, Culture AMP helpful but not required.
- Prior experience in multi-state HR compliance, leave management, compensation and benefits administration is required.
- Strong execution orientation and business acumen, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent process orientation and enjoyment in finding the opportunities to create, automate and improve processes to ensure the best delivery of people services. This includes a demonstrated ability to develop and deliver elegant data- and tech-driven people programs and processes.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie! That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience that you bring, along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $155,000 - $190,000
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.