SonderMind is looking to hire a Director of People Operations to support our growth. As the Director of People Operations, you will enable SonderMind to identify, develop, and retain the best people that will allow SonderMind to achieve its goals. You will report directly to our Chief Financial Officer, and work closely with our Chief Executive Officer, executive team, and the broader company in driving our people initiatives forward.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate, you have previous experience working in a high-growth environment. You understand the nuances and speed of early state companies, and have built underlying people processes from scratch. You are a clear communicator, and know how to make the complex simple. You thrive on coaching, mentoring, and supporting others’ success.
- Leadership: Build and manage a trusted People Operations function that serves as an advisor, coach, and partner to employees, managers, and leaders throughout the organization.
- Process Improvement: Drive continuous improvement across the team in the areas of processes, systems, and workflow; ensuring all the above a simple for people to use, support the business as it scales, and have an eye toward efficiency
- Employee Engagement: Be the champion for the employee experience. Build programs and processes that are supportive of that experience throughout the entire employee lifecycle
- Professional Development: Develop learning and development plans for the employees of SonderMind
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Build a DE&I programs to support the needs of employees, including building an employee base that mirrors the diversity of our clients
- People-centered: Manage the people needs across the organization, including payroll, benefits, and employee relations. Ensure compliance with federal,state, and local laws, as well as, industry best practices
- Build a world class people team that has outsized company impact. Ensure the team’s goals support the short-term needs of the business while also planning for the long-term growth of the company.
- In partnership with the executive team, ensure SonderMind maintains its leadership around being one of the best places to work in Colorado and expand the company’s reputation to being one of the best places to work in the country.
- Ensure talent metrics, including funnel, time to hire, and candidate experience are best in class for the industry. Support the broader organization in hitting company targets for growth. Ensure the hiring targets (both the number of people hired and the associated personnel costs) are met. This means being on target in terms of the number of people hired, the cost to hire, benefits, and discretionary costs. Ensure personnel costs are +/- 5% of budget.
- Launch a manager training program that employees love (including a way to measure the impact of the training - e.g. usefulness score of greater than 80%).
- A positive attitude and a passion to learn. You understand that everything you do impacts our candidates and internal client groups. Know how to jump in and work well with people across a myriad of functions and levels.
- A deep desire to make the internal client, employee and manager experience simpler, pleasant and more productive.
- Experience building out part of the people operations function in a VC-backed, high growth company.
- Know-how to make the complex simple: a proven track record of taking complicated problems or complex projects and making them clear and simple.
- An analytical mindset, the ability to use data to make decisions.
- An eye for scalable solutions and a passion for technology and automation - you are always exploring new systems solutions for you and your team in pursuit of increased efficiency and effectiveness. Solve for the long term.
- Experience with an HRIS and other solutions in the HR tech stack.
- Discretion. You know how to maintain confidentiality but also recognize what needs to be escalated.
- Humble, self-aware, trustworthy, you treasure great colleagues and relationships and are committed to nurturing the culture of the team and company.
- No task is too small, and you keep cool under pressure when work volume is high.
- Ability to adapt and adjust quickly: Demonstrated ability to work within and be successful in a high-growth environment; knows what it means to scale teams, people, and organizations while also delivering against stated objectives and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead high-performing teams.
- 8-10 years of progressive experience working in a People team, and leading at least some aspect of the People Operations function.
Nice to Have
- Industry experience in mental health or healthcare more broadly.
- Experience across multiple people operations functions (preferably recruiting and HR generalist functions)
- Experience leading, managing, and working on company-wide diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Experience leading the selection and deployment of People Operations Systems and Tools (HRIS, Payroll, etc)
- This role is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary range is $150,000
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.