Director, Learning & Organizational Development at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Director, Learning & Organizational Development. This role will be critical to supporting the evolution of an innovative, best-in-class Learning & Organizational Development Strategy that is strongly aligned to Guild’s mission, vision, values and business strategy.
This position reports to and collaborates with the Senior Director of Learning & Organizational Development to create strategy while also designing, implementing, and optimizing solutions that advance leadership and manager excellence. This role requires working cross-functionally with various stakeholders throughout the organization so Guild’s leaders are prepared to meet their strategic goals in today’s VUCA world.
As Director of L&OD you will:
- Use both strategic think and tactical implementation skills to help advance Leadership/Manager Excellence throughout the organization.
- Revamp Guild’s Manager Development program to be aligned to managerial needs while also being robust, scalable and effective.
- Ensuring all Leadership and Manager programs are in support of and alignment with Guild’s engagement, culture, and D,E&I goals.
- Design, develop, implement, evaluate, and optimize Guild’s leadership excellence programs in alignment with leadership/manager expectations, core values, and competencies.
- Ensure Guild’s Dare to Lead program is integrated throughout the organization, reinforced over time, and becomes part of Guild’s culture.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Learning & Organizational Development, People Business Partners, senior leaders, team members, and other stakeholders to ensure alignment and effectiveness of solutions.
- Provide expertise, guidance, and coaching to leadership and managers as needed.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- A proven track record of creating and implementing successful leadership and manager development strategies, and programs that are aligned to business and learner needs.
- Strong project and program management skills. Able to direct and manage small and large-scale projects with multiple competing priorities while partnering with leaders across the company for prioritization and implementation.
- Experience managing individuals and leading teams.
- The ability to build personal credibility and impact through influencing others, leading people, and communicating clearly.
- Demonstrated thought and team leadership in a high-growth organization
- The ability to work effectively with all levels of management, including the executive suite.
- Experience translating vision and strategy into actionable goals, priorities, and challenges, managing and developing projects from inception to execution.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, create compelling presentations and facilitate impactful sessions.
- The proven ability to successfully develop relationships with internal stakeholders for the effective design and implementation of various initiatives.
- Executive Influence & Presence
- Experience achieving results in an organization – and can begin making an impact quickly.
- Strong business, communications, program management, and operational skills exhibiting a well organized, detail-oriented, influential manager operating in a fast-changing, demanding environment.
- The ability to effectively navigate ambiguity and put systems and processes in place to build for scale.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Embraces our mission and is passionate about bringing it to life within Guild, unlocking opportunity for our people to achieve their potential.
- Passionate about bringing innovative and effective solutions in the space of engagement. organizational culture, and an inclusive work environment.
- Thinks strategically and operates tactically in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Thrives on creating high-quality, value-added solutions in alignment with the business strategy, and the needs of the individuals impacted by the programs,
- Is passionate about creating a best-in-class experience and growth opportunity for all Guild members.
- Vendor analysis, selection and management
- Experience with selecting reputable, high-quality vendors for learning content.
- Competency Modeling (Korn Ferry or DDI preferred)
- Assessments - administration and debriefing (DiSC, MBTI, 360, etc)
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, growing organization
- Skilled at designing and delivering programs virtually
- Dare to Lead Facilitator or Dare to Lead Certified
- Franklin Covey All Access Pass program management
- Master’s degree in OD, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Leadership, MBA or related field is preferred
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.