Director, Learning & Organizational Development (Engagement, Culture, Org Development Focus) at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Director, Learning & Organizational Development to lead and influence the company’s engagement and culture strategy as well as lead various organizational development initiatives. This role will be instrumental in ensuring the organization is able to deliver on its Employee Value Proposition so that Guild is a mission-aligned, diverse, inclusive, and supportive place to work. This is a position for an experienced practitioner. The role reports directly to the Senior Director of Learning & Organizational Development.
As Director, Learning & Organizational Development (Engagement, Culture, OD) you will:
- Oversee the development and implementation of company-wide culture and engagement strategies, initiatives and tactics--ensuring objectives and activities are aligned across the organization.
- Create and implement various organizational development solutions, based on company needs.
- Partner closely with the Senior Director, L&OD in strategy evolution, change management, and overall L&OD team effectiveness
- Consult with and influence senior leaders and business partners on areas related to culture, engagement, values, DEI, org effectiveness, and team effectiveness.
- Leverage your expertise in change management and organizational development to ensure initiatives are aligned with business strategy, have adequate exec sponsorship to be successful, take into account organizational capacity, and are otherwise set up for success.
- Lead competency and capability modeling for Guild of the future, in alignment with culture, values and leadership need to sustain continued growth.
- Facilitate meaningful and sometimes sensitive conversations via focus groups, team meetings, or 1:1 conversations.
- Support the entire People Team as needed with strategy development, change management planning, facilitation, process improvement, and process mapping.
- Conduct needs analysis and design targeted solutions for overall organizational effectiveness in areas such as: prioritization, role clarity, working with a matrix, change leadership, and more.
- Leverage your broad experience in talent and organizational development to scale and support various high priority L&OD initiatives.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years combined experience in Organizational Development, Talent Management, Talent Development, and/or HR leadership in a corporate environment.
- Experience leading successful complex, org-wide initiatives.
- Proven track track record of leveraging change management methodologies to ensure program success.
- Experience leading Employee Experience and/or Engagement initiatives.
- Experience with and certifications in team development methodologies such as Lencioni, Drexler-Sibbett/TPM, or another methodology.
- Competency knowledge, implementation experience and certifications (Korn Ferry or DDI)
- Direct experience designing, supporting, or implementing programs aligned to building an intentional culture, inclusive of D,E& I efforts
- Experience translating Engagement Survey data into actionable, meaningful results
- Certification in and experience with change management methodologies (Prosci, CAP, or other methodology)
- Knowledge and understanding of systemic ways to support culture change (systems, processes, behaviors, etc).
- Experience with designing and/or facilitating Talent Management processes such as hi-po identification, Talent Review, Succession Planning, etc.
- Experience designing effective organizational development and/or org effectiveness processes
- Experience leading and developing integrated Talent Management
- Experience design, supporting and/or facilitating leadership and manager development programs
- Experience using appreciative inquiry, positive psychology, or other methods to create a positive work environment and feedback culture
- Experience with culture change and/or transformation
- Experience working closely with all levels with the organization
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.