Director, HR Data Science at Udemy
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:29 a.m. (MST) on Saturday, March 13, 2021
About the Role:
Here at Udemy we are reimagining our People Analytics. We are looking for candidates who
are passionate about telling the people story through our analytics. You are innovative and
have a clear vision for how we can use People Analytics to drive meaningful impact. You will
have the opportunity to lead on the creation of our People Analytics strategy. You will own the
development, visualization and presentation of our People Analytics. You will partner with key
stakeholders across our People Team and other organizations such as Finance, Sales,
The HR Data Scientist in you, will apply statistical theory and methods to collect, interpret, and
summarize data as well as make predictions and recommend actions based on data that are
specific and relevant to HR and the people experience. You will create People Analytics tools
for our Executive Team and business leaders, as we drive decision making through data-backed
metrics and analytics. You will support our Leadership in getting to a deeper understanding of
their organizations and our business for them to drive people-related strategies to maintain our
highly engaged, high performing teams.
Here's what you’ll be doing:
- Works with a variety of technical and non-technical contributors and resources across the business to gather People Analytics business and reporting requirements
- Act as an advisor/consultant to the business by presenting clear and actionable recommendations based on data science discovery
- Conducts statistical analyses to develop strategies
- Builds predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Experienced with analytical and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, Google Data Studio. Workday experience is a plus.
- Create core metrics and dashboards to ensure our business leadership have easy access to the right information when monitoring organizational health and making talent decisions
- Initiate and execute on data-guided analyses to help solve, inform, and support our Executive Team and our People, Places, and Learning org. (i.e., Learning and Development; Total Rewards; Recruiting, People Ops, DEI, etc.)
- Identify data patterns and trends to propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Present information using advanced data visualization techniques
- Document all processes and research
- Keep up-to-date and introduce the latest trends in People Analytics technology and data science research
We’re excited about you because you’ll have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, applied math or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- Requires 7+ years of work experience in the disciplines of data science, statistics, applied math, computer science or a related field with an emphasis on handling HR/People related data
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of research design principles with an ability to clearly explain technical concepts to people with non-technical backgrounds
- Must have demonstrable data science skills and experience translating data sets to communicate the HR/People story with expertise in predictive modeling, time series forecasting, natural language processing (content and sentiment analysis), network analysis, machine learning, data mining
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis.
- You have a strong interest in studying people in workplace
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You can consult and collaborate with a variety of people with an ability to translate business problems into research/analytics studies and can communicate the results of analyses with business partners to impact strategy and action
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential people data
- Experience using business intelligence tools, data frameworks and data platforms
Nice to haves:
- PHR or SPHR is highly desired
- Public company experience highly desired
Minimum $164k + Equity + Bonus + Benefits (See Below)
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
- Health Plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
- Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
- Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, telehealth, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
- Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy for Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
- Charitable Matching Program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable.
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays throughout the year; during COVID-19, Udemy also provides roughly one “Wellness Day” per month while working from home.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Adds More than $1 Billion To Its Valuation in New Funding Round
Udemy’s Workplace Learning Tool Just Surpassed $100M in ARR
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description