Corporate Social Responsibility Director
At SendGrid, we are committed to participating in a corporate philanthropy movement dedicated to making the community a key stakeholder in our business. We are excited about kicking off our Corporate Social Responsibility program and we’re looking for an amazing leader to help devise the strategy and drive the execution of our program in ways that will make a real difference in the communities where our Gridders live and work. As part of our recent IPO, we joined other companies in the Pledge 1% program and we reserved 1% of our stock to fund an ongoing, impactful program. This is core to our culture, an important driver of employee engagement, and we believe it’s a critical component to our long term success. This is an awesome opportunity if you’re both a strategic builder and a hands on executor.
As the Corporate Social Responsibility Director, you’ll be responsible for formation and execution on strategies that are foundational to SendGrid’s CSR objectives. You’ll need to love working in a team environment as we believe that the involvement of our Gridders is key to our success.. You’ll build and manage the program, working collaboratively with our CSR volunteer team and with senior leadership. This role will require a love of organizing and managing our financial giving along with our hands-on volunteering activities. You’ll manage and analyze data, develop recommendations, and report on this information internally and work with our marketing teams to spread the news of how we’re making an impact. Additionally, you will conduct research, brainstorm ideas, develop policies, create project plans, write reports, and build relationships both internally and externally, while implementing and coordinating a wide range initiatives that support SendGrid’s CSR goals.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a passion for corporate philanthropy and have a creative approach to finding ways to inspire team members to get involved and make a difference in our community.
- You’re an expert on CSR and have built programs from the ground up. You’re capable of matching the business strategy with the right CSR strategy to ensure alignment and engagement of all stakeholders
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills that ensure great communication up, down and across our organization
- You’re a great partner both internally and externally, capable of developing relationships that deepen our ability to make an impact
- You love data and you’re able to use data to drive direction of the CSR program and to analyze results
- You thrive on building and are comfortable with ambiguity. You have the ability to enable decision making that will drive our CSR program forward
- Minimum six (6) years relevant work experience Experience with CSR reporting standards and indices such as GRI and CDP are strongly preferred.
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 40 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.